cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Traditions

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is your favorite family tradition when camping? As I've mentioned before, Game Night is mine.
10 REPLIES 10

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
The more the merrier camping trips with big breakfast and dinners together. Some years for our summer beach trip, we may have 30+ people camping in our group.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

vakirks
Explorer
Explorer
There are so many, and they have changed over the years as the kids are now nearly grown. But my favorite I think is falling asleep or dozing by the fire holding the kids as babies. Each one would take or get a bath and then be passed out to me and my job was to keep them off the ground until the next one was ready. Sometimes Iโ€™d read them a story but a lot of times we would just sit by the fire. With all young adults and teens and a quad bunkhouse everyone can bathe and out themselves to bed so those days are gone. But definitely fond memories.
The Virginia Kirks
7 of us, 17-52
2000 GMC YUKON XL 2500
2018 Salem Hemisphere Hyper Lyte 29BHHL
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to remain sharp. That is is why I read so much. - Tyrion Lannister

dcb17b
Explorer II
Explorer II
Poppys famous blueberry pancakes for breakfast Saturday morning. Love the idea of passing the story telling around the campfire
2022 F-150 STX 2,7 Ecoboost
2016 Jayco 23 BHM

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do French toast for the bunch. BIG skillet (electric)
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
As a former teacher, (and the DW a former English teacher) we choose to read aloud to the grandchildren. We camp together almost every weekend, all summer long, and have been doing so for many years. So far, I think we've read about a dozen whole chapter books to the kids. Usually we get through one whole book (couple hundred pages) each summer. Incredible memories for all!!

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Big breakfasts! lol

X2

Big Breakfast with our dog under picnic table looking for scraps :B

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Big breakfasts! lol

Most important meal of the day!! HAhahahahaha

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
When our kids were little, we'd do a thing around the campfire where one person (usually one of the adults) would start a story and then stop at a cliff-hanger and say "and then..." and pass it to the next person for them to continue spinning the tale.

Kids were always great at it. Any time we had adult guests though, they'd stink it up and the kids would get frustrated with them. We'd have to repair the story when the next person got their turn.

"He didn't really turn into a space alien. That was just a weird dream. Instead, he..."

I've been part of that before, as a teen. It can be great fun as long as everyone is on the same line. Some outsider can definitely ruin the momentum.

dedmiston
When our kids were little, we'd do a thing around the campfire where one person (usually one of the adults) would start a story and then stop at a cliff-hanger and say "and then..." and pass it to the next person for them to continue spinning the tale.

Kids were always great at it. Any time we had adult guests though, they'd stink it up and the kids would get frustrated with them. We'd have to repair the story when the next person got their turn.

"He didn't really turn into a space alien. That was just a weird dream. Instead, he..."

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Big breakfasts! lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad