cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is EVERYONE??

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I cannot believe with all the Class B's on the road and all the ones being built that this forum is so dead. I stop in every couple of days and nothing. A real shame as forums like the Truck camper section are so active and have so much great information.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
48 REPLIES 48

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
omjones wrote:
Hi Full moon
I'm sitting here in beautiful downtown Pointe au Roche Ontario, freezing my buns
off in 28' weather. Oh well it's almost March and that means spring.
john 'I am Canadian'

I hope that you eventually got warmer. We just completed a trip to NY and back. We drove through both ways. It is a beautiful place. We saw some places that we would like to revisit.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

synergy_58
Explorer
Explorer
As many have mentioned, people are tired of old news from old platforms. Besides, GS/CW has the market corned and concentrates all its resources on their own online web sight for sales. As long as people flood to them online, and they keep prices inflated, they will continue to disrupt the flow, of people and money. Like the auto industry, the RV industry has tipped the balance of market pricing to their favor. People are easy to convince when it comes to entertainment and recreation.
[img/Users/Frank/Pictures/iPhoto Library_2/Originals/2014/Apr 2, 2014/2009_1306_Nav_BlueMoon.jpg[img]

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Still in Alaska. Living here seems like a permanent vacation. We did plan to head to NY and back, but some things came up. We will decide in August if we still want to go. Meantime, lots to see and do here

We got our van in 2018, saw a few other vans on the road, mostly from outside. Since then, we see many vans touring from other states, and many from Alaska. The life of van living and touring has grown so much. We love meeting others who travel by Class B.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Black95 wrote:
J herb wrote:
OP here,
new pictures of my cargo carrier and homemade swingout bracket setup.

I like the way your tray folds out of the way so you can open your rear doors. My tray doesn't fold out of the way so I went with a low shallow box that was low enough so I could open my doors over the top of it. Your methods allows for larger boxes so you can carry more stuff than I can. Nice going!

I saw that your box was flat so you could open your doors, the way I
have it I can keep things outside that I don't want inside.
J herb

Black95
Explorer
Explorer
J herb wrote:
OP here,

I like the way your tray folds out of the way so you can open your rear doors. My tray doesn't fold out of the way so I went with a low shallow box that was low enough so I could open my doors over the top of it. Your methods allows for larger boxes so you can carry more stuff than I can. Nice going!

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Made the trip from the Kenai in Alaska to upsate NY. Trip went well, but we left late and did not get to stop much. We almost got caught up in tornadoes in WI. We did see a bit of wildlife in Canada.

The Canadian customs agents were very helpful and pleasant as we passed from AK to Canada.They always are, but the two on duty that night were exceptionally nice and very professional.

Our B performed well so far. We had temps as high as 108 at one point. NY is almost as bad. If we wern't here to see our son I might be tempted to head back tomorrow.

I hop we can se a little more of Canada on the way back. We like to take back roads and find we meet more people than on the main highways.

Hope you all have a wonderful summer.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
omjones wrote:
Hi Full moon
I'm sitting here in beautiful downtown Pointe au Roche Ontario, freezing my buns
off in 28' weather. Oh well it's almost March and that means spring.
john 'I am Canadian'

We hope to see Ontario this trip out east. Is it any warmer now. ??
2017 Coachmen Galleria

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Nice...and convenient.

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
OP here,

J herb

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving Sunday early AM for our cross country trip to the northeast and return to Alaska. We have been looking forward to this trip for a few years. We hate leaving Alaska during this time of year, but we are looking forward to seeing our friends and family out there.

For those who are here in AK now, you chose the best time to come. Not too horribly busy yet, weather is the best we have all year. However things are pretty dry and we worry about wildfires.

Perhaps we will see some of you on our trip. For all of you, have a lovely summer.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
cptqueeg wrote:

Click For Full-Size Image.

Middle of nowhere NV. And yes it's a 4x4.

Looks good and you can get to some good camping spots, do you go to NV.
to camp a lot? We have done some camping in NV. and also in Idaho too.
Enjoy your van and post some pictures of your trips.
J herb

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II

Click For Full-Size Image.

Middle of nowhere NV. And yes it's a 4x4.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
cptqueeg wrote:
J herb wrote:
cptqueeg wrote:
Got out to the hot springs w the wife in our recently acquired van. It was very pleasant near 70F, few campers, and no issues. Pretty good for a late March trip in Central Idaho.

cptqueeg, what van did you get? how about some pictures.
70f in Idaho is great time to be camping, been to Idaho several time and always love it.

It's a winnie revel, based on a swb sprinter. The previous owner made some real nice upgrades, including doubling the lithium battery banks.

The funny thing since that trip in March we've had below normal temps and more snow than Jan, Feb and March combined. Woke up to a fresh inch this morning!

Pictures are a challenge on this board, but hope to figure it out someday.
I googled your van and it looks great and is it 4 wheel drive ? that would be a plus for Idaho.

For pictures I go to Click
and select and that will let you get the pictures from your computer,
have your pictures sized to 640x 480 in JPG file before you do this.
Looking forward to seeing your van pictures.
J herb

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
J herb wrote:
cptqueeg wrote:
Got out to the hot springs w the wife in our recently acquired van. It was very pleasant near 70F, few campers, and no issues. Pretty good for a late March trip in Central Idaho.

cptqueeg, what van did you get? how about some pictures.
70f in Idaho is great time to be camping, been to Idaho several time and always love it.

It's a winnie revel, based on a swb sprinter. The previous owner made some real nice upgrades, including doubling the lithium battery banks.

The funny thing since that trip in March we've had below normal temps and more snow than Jan, Feb and March combined. Woke up to a fresh inch this morning!

Pictures are a challenge on this board, but hope to figure it out someday.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell