Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Lack of RV Parks... Jimmy Buffet to the rescue!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Lack of RV Parks... Jimmy Buffet to the rescue!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many locations such as RV parks, hotels/motels and apartment complexes you pay for amenities that are not available because they are closed down, out of service or under never ending upgrade. Just another American style scam against the consumer. Glad I now only do frequent part time RVing and camping/traveling at state and national parks, BLM land, etc. Cheers to the brave.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After reading the article - it looks like a really fun place to take a couple of grandkids for a weekend! But then, I might be a closet Parrothead.... ;-)

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

"Starting" at $70 per night. Local motels such as the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, and LaQuinta are posting rates in the $70-$79 category.

Please understand that I am NOT proposing that a motel stay would be a better choice by any means, but where is the justification to spend the same money for a slab of concrete as for a decent motel room, that probably comes with a free breakfast to boot!??

Seems as though the popularity of RVing has prompted enterprising entrepreneurs to take the Disney approach and keep raising prices until attendance starts to drop.

Just seems lop-sided to me, that's all.

Just watch. Those rooms will be up around $120 soon. So yes the $70 a night is worth it. You get to be outside not looking out a window, can go for a walk around the campground and most small hotels won’t have a bar to kick back at!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/22 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Seems as though the popularity of RVing has prompted enterprising entrepreneurs to take the Disney approach and keep raising prices until attendance starts to drop.

Unfortunately that's Econ 101. It's crazy that the demand keeps outpacing the supply so much.
Yes and the hotels have been adjusting prices exactly the same.

The only price controls are generally in multi-family housing where the government seems to think it is OK to effectively take property from landlords.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/28/22 03:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

After reading the article - it looks like a really fun place to take a couple of grandkids for a weekend! But then, I might be a closet Parrothead.... ;-)

You're out now Parrot Head.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 05:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

"Starting" at $70 per night. Local motels such as the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, and LaQuinta are posting rates in the $70-$79 category.

Please understand that I am NOT proposing that a motel stay would be a better choice by any means, but where is the justification to spend the same money for a slab of concrete as for a decent motel room, that probably comes with a free breakfast to boot!??

Just seems lop-sided to me, that's all.

Just watch. Those rooms will be up around $120 soon. So yes the $70 a night is worth it. You get to be outside not looking out a window, can go for a walk around the campground and most small hotels won’t have a bar to kick back at!

I fully realize the difference in the two, and as I stated, the motel room would not be my first choice by any means.

I do, however, feel that as the hotel prices are seasonally adjusted, so will the RV park prices be adjusted. I was simply comparing 'value' for the dollar, and noting what I see as an imbalance.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yea, the prices sound... well, pricey, but - they are a "resort" as opposed to "campground". Providing a bit more than an cleared space and outhouses (or vault toilets...).

Around me here in Connecticut, most campground "resorts" with as many amenities as in that article, especially if the campground is new, have been charging prices like that for years.

When we've camped at Fort Wilderness (Disney World), we were paying prices like that - 10 years ago.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not my style or price point but there is a seat somewhere for everyone to sit on. As much as I am a part-time parrot head the brand is not going to draw me in just because Margaritiville is on the billboard.

I'll stick with the state parks, county parks, harvest hosts & the mom & pop campgrounds.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Shot-N-Az

Just South of DC

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/22 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

Unfortunately that's Econ 101. It's crazy that the demand keeps outpacing the supply so much.

^This!
Man, I know there are supply issues, but the profound stupidity of many, is astounding!

I really almost cannot wait for another recession.

Irony alert!

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/22 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 5 days booked at fort wilderness in march. $275 a night for my camp site. I then got 2 days at a Disney hotel for $240 a night. Go figure....

2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Lack of RV Parks... Jimmy Buffet to the rescue!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.