Explorer
Explorer
Going to Fremont Peak
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus
13 REPLIES 13

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Side-by-sides are the new ATC's of off roading.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
Dirtclods wrote:
Nice I hope your far out for the 3 day'r

It was really quiet for a 3-day.

I've noticed a huge boom in bikers this year. Most of the riders we've seen on the trails the past couple of trips were bikes. It's great to see.

Ditto for the parking at destinations like Randsburg.

Side-by-sides have really taken over, but they're too expensive for the younger folks. I've been so glad to see so many new bikes out there, because this means we've got another generation joining the sport.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Nice I hope your far out for the 3 day'r
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
Weโ€™re out at Spangler this weekend. Itโ€™s pretty quiet so far.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Cal City Permits

https://californiacity-ca.gov/CC/index.php/purchase-permits
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Dirtclods wrote:
The dirt roads were still in pretty good condition. The two dry lakes weren't dry. A bit chilly it got down to 23 degrees at night. Riding conditions were outstanding.

We weren't too far away (Dirt Diggers Camp) and the trails were perfect. Not a speck of dust.

We'll be at Teagle Wash next weekend.

We plan to be closer to Cal City this coming weekend, might actually be in Cal City or right on the edge of it off of Randsburg Road. I'd don't plan on doing a lot of riding, like our last 2 trips when we were with friends; this is going to be a more relaxing type of camping/riding trip with my bride. Weather is looking good for this coming weekend.

Thier's a bunch of areas to camp not far from Ransburg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/35%C2%B016'29.2%22N+117%C2%B035'30.8%22W/@35.2747778,-117.5938786,...
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Dirtclods wrote:
The dirt roads were still in pretty good condition. The two dry lakes weren't dry. A bit chilly it got down to 23 degrees at night. Riding conditions were outstanding.

We weren't too far away (Dirt Diggers Camp) and the trails were perfect. Not a speck of dust.

We plan to be closer to Cal City this coming weekend, might actually be in Cal City or right on the edge of it off of Randsburg Road. I'd don't plan on doing a lot of riding, like our last 2 trips when we were with friends; this is going to be a more relaxing type of camping/riding trip with my bride. Weather is looking good for this coming weekend.

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:

Yes it got chilly out there. Especially when the wind kicked up. Still a good time.

dedmiston
Dirtclods wrote:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
Dirtclods wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Too bad the observatory is closed but it should be a good trip regardless.

https://www.chapmoto.com/blog/2017/02/03/weekend-adventure-california-city-and-surrounding-ohv-areas...

We try to remove all of his posts from Toy Haulers because he never knows what we're talking about. We missed this one though.

Fremont Peak is a great place to camp. It's kind of a schlep to get up there, but it's worth it.

Did the rains damage the road at all?

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

https://www.chapmoto.com/blog/2017/02/03/weekend-adventure-california-city-and-surrounding-ohv-areas...
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad