cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago Vista front end noise

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Winnebago Vista that has developed a loud clunking noise coming from the driver side seat area. To date we've been on an expensive easter egg hunt having replaced right side leaf spring and left side leaf spring bushings, all to no avail. The noise is noticed at low speeds when there is some sort of body roll. Coach has the Super steer heavy duty sway bar and radius rods. Currently coach is at a shop that specializes in truck spring/brakes etc. They have spent a lot of time and are at wits end as to the source. Has any one else had this problem or have any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I had that happen to me after doing the Cheap Handling Fix on an 09" F53 chassis. Somehow a the factory sway bar would tap the bottom of the coach when coach body would sway a little. I had front air bags on that coach so the fix and the bags didn't play well together. Look closely at your Super Steer sway bar.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Try manually lowering the left side levelers.
Bring them back up and try the right side.
If it makes the noise anytime during this. You now have a means of forcing the noise when the rig isn't moving so you may have an easier time identifying the culprit by positioning someone right by that wheel to monitor it.
This. If you hear no noise jack the front passenger tire off the ground and wiggle tire up and down to check for play in wheel bearing. Then put a long bar under tire and lift up sharply and see if you hear anything or feel any play. I assume you have the Ford chassis with the straight axle right? Off course use blocks or wood or jacks under frame.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Try manually lowering the left side levelers.
Bring them back up and try the right side.
If it makes the noise anytime during this. You now have a means of forcing the noise when the rig isn't moving so you may have an easier time identifying the culprit by positioning someone right by that wheel to monitor it.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
shock mounts or a faulty weld.