cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommend a good RV Cover for 28-29' TT?

mkenyon2
Explorer
Explorer
What brand would you recommend for a good RV Cover for a 28-29' TT?
MK and my Wifey from PA
TV: 2011 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD (V6 3.5L/213)
Trailer: 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25 SLE

We've only camped in 2 states? Quick, pack the trailer we have to CAMP!
8 REPLIES 8

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
jdc1 wrote:
Don't covers help grow mold and mildew? I was always under the impression you want to leave you vents and a window open to help with air circulation. m I wrong in thinking this?

Big old tarp? Yeah, that is a issue.

Most car/RV covers are not typically made of non breathable material, instead will use a fabric that allows one way air/moisture movement like Tyvek.

The bigger issues with covers is they have a limited life span, can be expensive depending on size and covering, uncovering and storing can be a big chore, paint chaffing can happen and be substantial if any of the cover is loose and the wind can move it.

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
I use anything I can get cheap on eBay that has the white Tyvek on top. Iโ€™ve mostly used Adco. They can get expensive if bought brand new but Iโ€™m always on the lookout for an open box item(not returned) or maybe one that has some cosmetic damage on the box. My twenty year old 28 foot fifth wheel has used travel trailer and fifth wheel covers. Whatever I can get in the 28-30 foot range. For us in central california the UV damage is what Iโ€™m mostly trying to prevent and thus far itโ€™s worked great as all my decals still look great and I still have an intact white rubber roof. Rain and snow is not an issue here usually. Once the Adco cover I bought had a date of manufacture of 5 years earlier but was still in itโ€™s original shrink rap and worked fine. I usually get 2-3 years of service before the cheaper grey sidewalls start to deteriorate and have usually paid around $200. Keep a lookout in advance of when you actually need it. For example, my current cover is wearing out after 2.5 years but I already have one in the garage that I bought last June. Iโ€™ll probably replace the old cover with my โ€œnewโ€ cover next spring as the UV intensity increases.
E.Lee Galik

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
I have most always had ADCO. Never got more than 5-6 good years out of any of them though, usually the UV turns them to dust. Looks like this year it may go uncovered. I need a new one and refuse to pay the inflated prices they want for covers. The Adco's I previously bought with the Tyvek top were in the neighborrhood of $300. Now the comparable cover, since they quit making the Tyvek topped one is closer to $600. Its called the UV hydro. They're also not available. Must be on a slow boat from China.
I went.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I need sun protection....my cover is on whenever not camping. I buy from National Covers. Works in rain too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
jdc1 wrote:
Don't covers help grow mold and mildew? I was always under the impression you want to leave you vents and a window open to help with air circulation. m I wrong in thinking this?

You're not wrong if the cover is trapping moisture or impermeable.

But, yes, in general, you're wrong, most all of the commercially available covers since, idk when, are breathable.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I got an ADCO Aquashed cover recently for our new camper.
Quality appears to be very good. It's kept the rain off, **** near every day for the last few weeks, just as advertised.

The material (the soft waffle weave pattern stuff) is the same as every car/rv cover of the same material type, regardless of brand, IMO. From 30+ years ago, when someone thought that material would be good for a camping tent (it's not) until now.

The one big difference, IMO, is if you're stowing it where it will get a significant amount of snow on it, ice sticks to the soft weave material.
During a Merry Christmas meltdown up in AK, couple feet of snow turned into a couple inches of ice on top of our old camper/cover and huge icicles down the side that ultimately ripped the cover a bit.
Dealing with alot of snow and freeze thaw, I threw a plastic tarp over the top of the soft cover. Made snow removal super easy and eliminated the big icicles.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Mold and mildew isn't a big concern during a Pennsylvania winter.
I never had any M&M problems covering my Southwind.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II