cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best way to sell the coach

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We've put in an order for a Winnebago View and will be selling/trading in our RV. I've seen adds in RV magazines for people/firms saying they buy RV's. Has any one used these? Do they offer more than trading in at a dealer.
11 REPLIES 11

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I sold my last one on Craigs list. I also bought one sitting in a yard in WV. Lots of options, use them all but avoid the dealers. wholesalers, etc.

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
When deciding to sell ours I used FB Marketplace. Couldn't believe the responses that we had. Sold to the first person that looked at it on the first day.

Regarding the other questions with the ad buyers, personally I think they're a big waste of time.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
I learned, in a time long long ago that time forget, that in order to make a deal you needed a willing seller and a willing buyer. This assumes no duress by either party. The seller did not get more than it was worth and who knows if he had waited for the other buyers to make an offer he may have received even more $$$$$$. He may have received more than he thought it was worth or some agent said it was worth.Facebook is the most insidious application in the world!

ford truck guy wrote:
My buddy just sold his 12 year old TT for 3k more than it was worth on Facebook marketplace... AND it was the 1st person to come and look... within 12 hours of posting

He had 6 or 7 others that wanted to come look that same night...
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Brandon the Traveler wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
My buddy just sold his 12 year old TT for 3k more than it was worth on Facebook marketplace... AND it was the 1st person to come and look... within 12 hours of posting

I would do the same with my 2017......except.....................

To order new takes anywhere from who knows to who knows. One dealer says minimum of 20 to 24 weeks, another says a year +, none will guarantee anything. So sell out and possibly not have one come March or April. No dealer I can find will hold any pricing while your waiting, even after hand money (NON REFUNDABLE BTW) is down should the manufacturer throw out a price increase, which they are doing quite regular now days. New rigs of all flavors are up 30% to as much as 50% above pre Covid values. Supposedly RV Wholesalers will hold the pricing once you commit, but I have not seen the actual verbiage or document.

Well then, don't sell yours โ€ฆ.. The OP asked for suggestions on selling an RV...

PS - no reason to work with a dealer that will not honor pricing on a signed order... just my opinion....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

I would do the same with my 2017......except.....................

To order new takes anywhere from who knows to who knows. One dealer says minimum of 20 to 24 weeks, another says a year +, none will guarantee anything. So sell out and possibly not have one come March or April. No dealer I can find will hold any pricing while your waiting, even after hand money (NON REFUNDABLE BTW) is down should the manufacturer throw out a price increase, which they are doing quite regular now days. New rigs of all flavors are up 30% to as much as 50% above pre Covid values. Supposedly RV Wholesalers will hold the pricing once you commit, but I have not seen the actual verbiage or document.
I went.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Craigslist, RV Trader, Offer Up, Nextdoor Marketplace.

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't sell what I currently have until the new one was in the driveway with the shenanigans the RV Industry is involved in today. Dealers don't have build dates, the factories are not providing them. If a dealer gave you a date good luck.
I went.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will gain the most resale value if you sell it yourself, if you don't want to hassle with it many dealers offer consignment if you find trade in value too low. In decent shape, RVs are still selling pretty briskly, appropriately priced it will no doubt go quickly. Good luck on selling your old rig, and congrats on your new Winnebago, may it be all you wish for and more.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
List it on Facebook Marketplace. Sold our 5er there in 2 days to first person to inquire. Had 20 plus more inquiries before I could mark it sold.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
The ads for companies buying RV's are wanting them wholesale, not retail. I'd avoid them if at all possible. Your best bet, if you want to sell on your own, is RVTrader.com. I've sold there and on craigslist.

If you want to sell now, go to a dealer. Have a few of them give you their buy price. Knowing they are going to pay wholesale, not retail, is important.

You could also go to the dealer you ordered your new rig from. Get them to buy it now to make your new RV paperwork that much easier...and cleaner.