cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Car Jacking

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.elimparcial.com/sonora/sonora/Encanonan-a-familia-estadunidense-en-Santa-Ana-y-logra-huir-entre-disparos-20211021-0057.html
.This car jacking took place between Santa Ana and Benjamin Hill. Apparently there has been other similar incidents in this area. I remember when this was popular about 10 years ago. Although there is cartel activity not far from here I doubt this was cartel related. I drive that route often and it always seemed so peaceful. For those travelers coming from the West ,Caborca has lots of problems. Please do not drive these areas at night. I guess I will take my own advice. I often drive Tucson to Santa Ana in the dark!
9 REPLIES 9

R_S
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila
How was your trip Nov 1? Any problems? We are crossing at Nogales mid December for Mazatlan.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I will be driving that stretch on nov 1 in my car. Fortunately, as twh word got out and people knew I had led caravans and know how to deal with the paperwork, i have picked up 4 RV's who want to follow me. Makes me feel more secure to be in some sort of group.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
Not comfortable posting this but I do believe it is important. Matamoros and the surrounding areas along the border have had heavy gunfire every night for the last week. Streets blocked, cars set on fire. Most of it was caused by the death of a cartel leader.

In English, you can find many reports searching for "Matamoros news".

Gracias amigo

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Not comfortable posting this but I do believe it is important. Matamoros and the surrounding areas along the border have had heavy gunfire every night for the last week. Streets blocked, cars set on fire. Most of it was caused by the death of a cartel leader.

In English, you can find many reports searching for "Matamoros news".
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh wrote:
We told them to cross the bridge and stay in the MH. We went to a bar for one last Margarita. We never thought twice about them being on there own. Later we joined the kids and all was good. You could not do that today. Not in Mexico or anywhere else.

....the last time I drove into Juarez, was in December of 1999. I was in Juarez over a 3 day period, with absolutely no problems at all.

Today, I'm not sure I would spend more than a few hours "there" on my way through LOL
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
In 1985 my wife and I plus our 2 kids aged 12 and 13 were in Juarez. Our little Winebago was parked on the US side. We were having a grand time. But the kids were bored. We told them to cross the bridge and stay in the MH. We went to a bar for one last Margarita. We never thought twice about them being on there own. Later we joined the kids and all was good. You could not do that today. Not in Mexico or anywhere else.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
In 1965 after HS graduation two friends and I drove my Dodge Dart round trip to Acapulco all the way from Central Texas with only a few flat tires and lost hubcaps in Monterey that I bought back next day at Hubcap central in center of the city.

Had great fun on the beach and scuba diving, skiing, etc. and stayed at the Hilton.

Those were the days

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Forty two years ago my father in law drove down to Mazatlan. Can't remember exactly where, They parked their half ton pick up truck next to the house and it was stolen. We still talk about that. Guess we gotta be careful where we park.

Talleyho69
Please do take your own advice!!!!