cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2022 GMC Sierra Reveal

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
The new GMC will be revealed on 10-21. Here's some previews.

Link

Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
16 REPLIES 16

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
TurnThePage wrote:
I live in the west where there is little of this "rust" problem, but just visited Wichita, Ks. While there I only saw a couple rusty vehicles, both were GM products, about 5 years old and rusted through all the way around the rear fender area...
You clearly don't get out enough. Live in the rust belt for a few years and your point of view will change dramatically. Rams Clearly lead the pack in rust through; that's just the facts. And I own one right now and have had several (Dodge included) in the last 50 years. Brandon is correct, price is a primary driver for buying (or they that want that sweet cummins). Ram(Dodge) does a lot of things right, but body panels isn't one of them.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the west where there is little of this "rust" problem, but just visited Wichita, Ks. While there I only saw a couple rusty vehicles, both were GM products, about 5 years old and rusted through all the way around the rear fender area.

The guys whining about Ram problems seem to be referencing problems of the fairly distant past. I only drive a half ton, but know many with HD Rams (and Fords, and GMs), none of which are complaining.

All of the trucks these days are pretty awesome, though some are ugly as ....
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Brandon the Traveler wrote:
SweetLou wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Ugh! Maybe they need to hire some designers away from Ram to fix that mess :C

Ram perhaps could trade some designers to GMC for a few engineers. Then Ram might be able to make bedsides and fenders that dont rust through along with transmissions that don't sheet the bed LOL.

My friend, Ram transmissions are a huge disappointment. In the past they had maybe a couple of them that could handle that Cummins. The rest are as you say sheet. As I have heard, that great Cummins wrapped in a turd. Mine has electrical problems to boot.

Every single person I know who owns a Ram purchased it for one reason and one reason only, yours truly included. They looked at all 3, then went with Ram because it was thousands cheaper. They instantly became Ram fan boys (I did not become afflicted with this disease) within 2 miles of leaving the dealer, and will swear on their grandmothers grave Ram is the best thing since sliced bread and bulletproof. All while they wonder what all those rattling noises are from inside the disintegrating dashboard, and listening to the soft sound of body panels rusting away from the inside out. Someday they will have the experience of a transmission puking if the body of the truck makes it long enough for it to happen.

You're too funny. Partly correct, but, yeah, so which brand do you ride for?
I've owned or been assigned or driven or been responsible for the operation of, idk, probably 1000 different pickups over the last 25 years. All 3 flavors, although more Fords than the other 2.
I love hearing brand loyal (or just plain stupid, like yours) comments about how ______ is great and _______ is junk.
Usually from someone who's owned 3 pickup trucks and can't even tell you where to check the blinker fluid, to boot!

I will give you that Dodge/Ram somehow can't seem to lead the pack on automatic transmissions. (And now sadly did away with the handshakers completely a couple years ago) And given the choice, the only Ram diesel auto trans I actually like is the Aisin.
That said, I've run enough Dodge gassers and diesels to know that while the 47re, 48 re and 68rfe are clunky and awkward and behind the times, even compared to the the old OG Allison 1000 and the old original Torqshift 5R110's, much less the newer offerings from both GM and Ferd, they are generally reliable. (idk what the heck Lou is talking about "in the past they had a couple that could hold the Cummins", they've only had 4 different autos total in the last 30+ years and only 2 in the last 15 years, lol)

Contrary to what you and "everyone you know" did, there are plenty of people who actually bought the brand of vehicle they wanted to because it fit their needs. These are also probably the same people who don't find it necessary to incessantly complain about every fly in their soup!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
SweetLou wrote:

Ram perhaps could trade some designers to GMC for a few engineers. Then Ram might be able to make bedsides and fenders that dont rust through along with transmissions that don't sheet the bed LOL.

My friend, Ram transmissions are a huge disappointment. In the past they had maybe a couple of them that could handle that Cummins. The rest are as you say sheet. As I have heard, that great Cummins wrapped in a turd. Mine has electrical problems to boot.

Every single person I know who owns a Ram purchased it for one reason and one reason only, yours truly included. They looked at all 3, then went with Ram because it was thousands cheaper. They instantly became Ram fan boys (I did not become afflicted with this disease) within 2 miles of leaving the dealer, and will swear on their grandmothers grave Ram is the best thing since sliced bread and bulletproof. All while they wonder what all those rattling noises are from inside the disintegrating dashboard, and listening to the soft sound of body panels rusting away from the inside out. Someday they will have the experience of a transmission puking if the body of the truck makes it long enough for it to happen.
I went.

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer

2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Tough to look past 500+ and 1000 + from the factory. Although all of the big 3 have some ridiculous pulling power now.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
505HP/1087 lbft of torque along with Super Cruise is enough to get me thinking my Super Duty days are coming to an end.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer

You have rust-through? In South Carolina???

Yes.....well to be accurate I did, I Have a house between Buffalo and Syracuse NY and a cabin in PA, along with a fair sized chunk of land in WV, but have been spending a lot of time at the beachhouse in SC. There are still a few Ram transmission parts scattered along the shoulder south of Beckley WV.
I went.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer

You have rust-through? In South Carolina???
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Last thing FCA needs are engineers of junk.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's some more...

Link

Link 2

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer

I went.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the updated GMC

Link

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Chevy Equinox is getting โ€œrefreshedโ€ too. Couple of sheet metal changes to it and the GMC and bingo! Iโ€™m soooo excited!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad