cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago View

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering downsizing from our Winnebago Vista to a View. Would like to hear for those that have one on how they like it. Are there any handling issues we need to be aware of like those of F53 Class A chassis?

There is not a lot of outside storage. How do people handle this? We're considering getting one of those hitch mount cargo carriers.

Thanks to all who share their knowledge.
4 REPLIES 4

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
Love my 2021 View 24J, no issues,
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

mathman
Explorer
Explorer
The cargo carrying capacity is very limited on the View and Navion. I had more space than I could use in my 2015 Navion without overloading.

The Sprinter Chassis handle great. I have really enjoyed driving mine.
Mathman

2015 Navion

JohninSD
Explorer
Explorer
I've had an Itasca Navion 24G since 2015. Very few problems. Here in San Diego there are choices in where to get it serviced - I've used Sprinter Pitstop, MB of San Diego, and Pacific Automotive (not a specialty shop but they are fine for routine maintnence items - oil changes, etc.). There have been some recalls, none of them urgent but waiting for the propane hose one restricted use of the propane systems for a few weeks while I waited for La Mesa RV to get the parts (I only used La Mesa this one time, had no choice as it was on the Winnebago warranty, as far as I can tell they did the recall as well as anyone else would have).
Since my previous RV was a truck camper the Navion felt much roomier in comparison. Coming from a Class A you'll experience the opposite feeling.
Storage space seems adequate to me - I carry some chairs, tools, barbecue, propane campfire, dutch ovens etc. I did a lot of long distance motorcycle and bicycle touring in previous decades so have learned to pack light - your mileage may vary.
Speaking of mileage I get around 15 mpg without towing, around 13 mpg towing a Jeep Wrangler (3800 pounds).
The overall ownership/use experience has been quite positive so far - 6 years, 60k miles.
And one last point that was important to me the Sprinter has much more legroom than the Ford chassis Class C's - at 6' 4" this matters to me.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the view on a MB Sprinter chassis ? If so, make sure you research available service.
In past years Sprinter didnt share their software with out of network shops.
Many rv shops, truck rv shops and M Benz car dealerships will not touch a Sprinter. Service may be limited to only Sprinter shops with the needed software. It has to be a Sprinter shop which could mean a long distance tow, if need be. Make sure you have a plan in place as you travel in different areas of the country.

The view 24J only has a small 50” corner bed.
The 24v twin bed model might a better option.