cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New motor home blues…

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
Yet another issue reared its ugly head today on our 2022 Allegro Open Road. Arrived at the in laws and started the Lippert leveling jack system. Rear jacks grounded and when the front ones engaged I heard a load hiss and a puff of smoke emanated from the front end. I jumped out to find hydraulic fluid dripping from underneath the coach. It was getting dark so I will investigate in the morning but it seems a hydraulic line failed. Of course it’s a weekend so I’m likely screwed until Monday. Sigh…..
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4
36 REPLIES 36

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Alex and Tee wrote:
Found another issue last night while in AL. Temps dropped to low 50’s so I sparked up the furnaces. Thankfully everything worked fine until…. the back was getting too hot so I lowered the temperature and went to bed. A few hours later nature called and I walked into the back bathroom and it was like a sauna, over 80 degrees! I went and turned off the rear furnace. About 3 AM nature called again and the back furnace was STILL running. I went up front to the main control panel and it was quite chilly. Then the lightbulb lit. I turned off the FRONT furnace and the BACK furnace shut off!! I turned on the BACK furnace and the FRONT furnace came on!! So, something is either mis-wired or the control is mis-programmed.

On top of that, after two leveling jack repairs it now fails to level successfully. One or both rear jacks won’t ground. I give up until we get to our permanent residence at Palm Creek in Casa Grande, AZ and have the mobile tech make a house call.

Those are exactly the quality issues that Thor has. Bit to say other manuf don’t have similar issues, but Tiffin never had those issues.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
Found another issue last night while in AL. Temps dropped to low 50’s so I sparked up the furnaces. Thankfully everything worked fine until…. the back was getting too hot so I lowered the temperature and went to bed. A few hours later nature called and I walked into the back bathroom and it was like a sauna, over 80 degrees! I went and turned off the rear furnace. About 3 AM nature called again and the back furnace was STILL running. I went up front to the main control panel and it was quite chilly. Then the lightbulb lit. I turned off the FRONT furnace and the BACK furnace shut off!! I turned on the BACK furnace and the FRONT furnace came on!! So, something is either mis-wired or the control is mis-programmed.

On top of that, after two leveling jack repairs it now fails to level successfully. One or both rear jacks won’t ground. I give up until we get to our permanent residence at Palm Creek in Casa Grande, AZ and have the mobile tech make a house call.
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I doubt this is solely attributed to Thor's acquisition of Tiffin, lack of quality is an issue across all manufacturers that has plagued the industry for decades. I always hear buy this or that brand, like it actually matters in terms of amazing quality and workmanship. Several companies that I have worked at have been acquired, we just continued to do our jobs like always, any real changes were couple of years in the making.

Sorry to hear of your new RV misfortunes, following along over these past few months I always knew that this scenario would come about, more so since the complexity of issues that can occur in this category of RV seem boundless. It is rare indeed for any type of RV to be issue free during first couple of years of ownership, hopefully they will get all the kinks out soon and you can thoroughly enjoy your beautiful RV.

TCollins
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I'm afraid this is indicative of the general quality of rv's being produced.

It has gotten bad enough that General RV has opened a 150,000 sq. ft. pre delivery inspection facility in Elkhart,IN. Kudos to them for being proactive but too bad this has become necessary.

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
My coach was built during the transition so that could explain some of it.
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
AllegroD wrote:
I would call Tiffin or write them. Provide list of repairs and all associated costs, including lost camping fees. They were pretty good about responding and taking care of these type issues, including reimbursements.

Was that before or after Thor bought them?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I would call Tiffin or write them. Provide list of repairs and all associated costs, including lost camping fees. They were pretty good about responding and taking care of these type issues, including reimbursements.

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
We had the mobile techs out first thing this morning. They fixed the leak in the Truma Aqua Hot (something loose and just required tightening), they removed the two hydraulic hoses and had new ones made at a local shop. Were back, installed, system bled and tested all before lunch. Kudos to the LaMesa service team!!
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I certainly understand that. They should reimburse you for your expenses but I am sure they will not do that. It seems like I hear of a lot of new motor homes that cause a lot of problems!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is all warranty repairs but it has caused much disruption to our plans of visiting family and friends before our relocation to Phoenix and loss of hundreds of dollars of prepaid park stays that have had to be canceled last minute due to having to stay within proximity of our dealers mobile tech service radius.
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I understand your frustration! Surely the water heater is under warranty? Sounds like it all should have been except the gen set oil change.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bruce_Brown
Your Tiffin sounds like my parents was - it never anything big but it was always something!

Good luck, hopefully yours gets ironed out.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Alex_and_Tee
Explorer
Explorer
Can I not catch a freakin' break here???

Now I have a pin hole leak in the Truma Hot Water heater!!!

Arrgghhhhh!!!!
Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
dodge guy wrote:
So much for Tiffin quality!

Curious if this is a result of Thor buying Tiffin or COVID or both. We may never know. Wonder if any other new Tiffin owners are having issues.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS