cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Late Snowbirding/ full timing

pjs1660
Explorer
Explorer
Due to some family issues I'm getting a late start on my first time snowbirding and fulltiming. Does anyone have any tips on ow to find campgrounds in the South, Florida, Georgia and heading west. I'm looking to head south early november and sped 4 months on the road with, hopefully a month in Florida split between the Keys and Marco Island area. Thanks for any help.
9 REPLIES 9

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Parrothead Mike wrote:
I've found that Campground Reviews.com is a good source for locating potential campgrounds in all 50 states. Just click on the state you want to focus on and you'll find the previously reviewed campgrounds along with their websites, etc. Plus you get input from real campers rather than just looking at their websites. I used this prior to our first snowbirding trip to Florida in 2013. Start your research, keep track of those potential places you might want to contact for the time period you're looking for. Good luck!

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/

2X and also use the app RV Parky
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I've found that Campground Reviews.com is a good source for locating potential campgrounds in all 50 states. Just click on the state you want to focus on and you'll find the previously reviewed campgrounds along with their websites, etc. Plus you get input from real campers rather than just looking at their websites. I used this prior to our first snowbirding trip to Florida in 2013. Start your research, keep track of those potential places you might want to contact for the time period you're looking for. Good luck!

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

pjs1660
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your help. I was able to reserve sites at Rock crusher and Strawberry fields for Dec, Jan, Feb and maybe March also.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
YouTube! Use the search functions, tons of info.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

pjs1660
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your advice.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good many of us use Allstays Campgrounds since it's the most complete listing. If you click on the quote marks next to the name of a state it will produce a zoomable state map where you can identify those campgrounds in the area that you want to stay.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want to be as far north as Chiefland Florida, then I suggest you look at Strawberry Fields RV. It is brand new and already very popular among Escapees anyway. Rock Crusher Resort a bit further south is also very popular. Not near the beaches, there aren't any on that section of west coast FL, but near a number of excellent springs.
Suwanee River Bend is another great park but had no Verizon when we checked it out. The WIFI worked but the long term campers said it was unreliable.
Whatever you do, you better make reservations PDQ.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Until Dec 27th you should be able to book some sites in the Keys/Marco Ft Myers area. Canada will probably shut down again so you may be able to finds cancellations in January. Do not use campground guides, use Google and the various town as many CGs do not need to advertise in them. No need to go further than Marathon in the Keys with the RVโ€ฆ day trip to the fruits and nuts capital at the end of US 1.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think that up until Christmas you might be able to find things in south Florida. After that it is going to be really tough and what you find may scare you.
Think Texas.
Puma 30RKSS