cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

List some RV movies

et_cetera
Explorer
Explorer
List your favorite (or not so favorite) movies that have RVs in them.

Here is my list.

Nomadland
Into the Wild - while the main character did not have an RV, it was a constant theme in the movie.
19 REPLIES 19

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
In no particular order, these are all vacation, destination or travel type movies in some form or another.

The Long Long Trailer
National Lampoons Vacation
European Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Meatballs
The Great Outdoors
Jaws (Marthas Vineyard)
Captain Ron
The Edge
Last Of The Dogmen
Snowball Express
The Brady Bunch (Grand Canyon and Hawaii)
I Love Lucy (road trip to California and Florida)
Grown ups
Silver Streak
Were the Millers

Im sure I may have missed something.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Nobody even mentioned Refuge. I thought it was both good and funny.

Admitted, the foley guy got the engine sound all wrong, what they have is a SBC.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
In "Paul" they travel in a vintage RV. Funny movie - 2 Brits and an alien travelling in a MH.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
mike/kellie wrote:
Blood and Money. 2020 release with Tom Berenger. Kind of a " Coen Brothers" dark movie filmed in the winter months in N Maine.
Props to the guy who said " get me an RV that that helps describe the character of our star". One member who responded to this question will give it 5 stars! No more clues.....
We saw that - I was trying to remember the name of it to post it... We were so excited to see that it was an 'RV' movie!

It was pretty 'dark' and you don't want to know what happens to the RV. :E

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blood and Money. 2020 release with Tom Berenger. Kind of a " Coen Brothers" dark movie filmed in the winter months in N Maine.
Props to the guy who said " get me an RV that that helps describe the character of our star". One member who responded to this question will give it 5 stars! No more clues.....
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
"Lost in America" (1985) with Mel Brooks? I guess we all missed that one.

Just so people don't get too excited, "Lost in America" starred Albert Brooks, along with Julie Hagerty from "Airplane". Mel Brooks would've been an improvement. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Of course, "RV" is always great. Gets better each time we watch it. I was a bit disappointed the first time I watched it, but now it's definitely a keeper.

"The Long, Long Trailer" is just classic Lucy!

"The Leisure Seeker" is an excellent movie, but not a comedy. However, I think its message would resonate with many of use here. Have tissues ready.

"Meet the Fockers" is pretty good, but it's best if you watch "Meet the Parents" first, to get a sense of the family dynamics going on.

And who doesn't LOVE Cousin Eddie? LOL

โ€œClark: So, when did you get the tenement on wheels?

Eddie: Oh, that uh, that there's an RV. Yeah, yeah, I borrowed it off a buddy of mine. He took my house, I took the RV. It's a good looking vehicle, ain't it? .... But, don't you go falling in love with it now, because, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
gbopp wrote:
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Uncle Eddie's RV.

But that was Cousin Eddie!

Clark to Eddie: "do you think it really matters?"
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Uncle Eddie's RV.

But that was Cousin Eddie!

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto to The Long, Long Trailer. Funny and yet reflective of many of our RV adventures and misadventures.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Six Pack - Kenny Rogers
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Chevy Chase

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
RV with Robin Williams
we are the Millers with Jennifer Aniston
The long long Trailer with Lucille Ball

Love each and every one of these....just watched "RV" (for the fifth time) with some grandkids (their first time).
"Lost in America" (1985) with Mel Brooks? I guess we all missed that one.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Ronโ€ฆLong, Long Trailer.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
"Rolling Family" ("Familia Rodante")

The comedy-drama tells the story of Emilia (Graciana Chironi) an 84-year-old grandmother who lives in the Buenos Aires suburbs and receives a phone call inviting her to be the matron of honour at her niece's wedding in Misiones, the village of her birth.

The Province of Misiones, where the village is located, is over 1000 kilometres away, on the Brazilian border in the farthest north-east part of Argentina.

Nevertheless, the large family decides to embark on a weekend long trip to take their grandmother to the wedding in a beat-up motor-home. (Note: about the same size as my 20 ft Class C)

While the members have feuds, intrigues and love affairs on the journey, they, mostly, have to accept each other's quirks and faults, and give each other a lot of space along the way as they encounter a few problems on their long road-trip.

The film ends with Emilia in an introspective moment. She drinks her mate (a regional drink) and appears to contemplate her family and life.

Available on DVD https://www.amazon.com/Familia-Graciana-Bernardo-Federico-Esquerro/dp/B01GWC10OO
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
"Pauli", about a parrot who travels with Gena Rowlands in an old motorhome from New Jersey hoping to reach the Grand Canyon, staring Tony Shalhoub. No profanity, no nude sex, no violence, so if those are what you need then don't bother with it.