cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

levelers

beeman1
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have auto levelers. So with that said what are some of easiest and simplest ones to use?
What is average cost to have auto ones installed. Thank you
16 REPLIES 16

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
We like our levelers for more than just the ease of leveling. The stability they provide so we're not rocking and rolling when one of us moves around is also important to us. We park on too many sites that require significant leveling with little option for moving around to find a level spot to want to go back to blocks for leveling. We did that years ago with a 21' Class C, but never again...

I agree. To me, the biggest benefit to leveling jacks is that the coach becomes rock-solid when they are down. No bouncing around on the suspension!
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
My Class C is 30 feet 2002 and we have RVed for almost 20 years, only used wood to level it but not very often. We never stay for more than 3 days at one campground since the purpose of the Class C is to move often during vacation, except for Disney Fort Wilderness. I probably would have ordered it with levelers but lived without it.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
We have Bigfoot auto leveling on our 5th wheel....17 years old and work flawlessly. โ€œIfโ€ our Bigfoot Class C didnโ€™t already have hydraulic leveling from another manufacturer ..... I would go with Bigfoot! Yep, you read that correctly.....I would have Bigfoot auto leveling on our Bigfoot! :B memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We like our levelers for more than just the ease of leveling. The stability they provide so we're not rocking and rolling when one of us moves around is also important to us. We park on too many sites that require significant leveling with little option for moving around to find a level spot to want to go back to blocks for leveling. We did that years ago with a 21' Class C, but never again...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobndot wrote:
I'm the oddball. I have hydraulic levers and hardly ever use them. My next rv, I will be back to using wood and interior levels. Doing it that way has made lift easier for me. I don't even have to push a button now to level it.
I installed two bubble levels, one on the dash for right to left and just above the passengers head for my front to rear level. Whenever I park, I adjust my position so I'm level, then I set up my campsite around that rv position.
Since I did that I can find a level spot on most campsites and parking lots. I only use my levelers to test them , to see if they still work or not.
I think Bob may be onto something. Most of us that responded about our levelers have much longer MH's 29-40 ft. His is a 24 ft MH. Being much shorter he can position the MH in a level spot easier that a longer MH. I wonder how many other people with 22-25ft MH's feel they need a leveling system? Maybe Bob is not an odd ball after all.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm the oddball. I have hydraulic levers and hardly ever use them. My next rv, I will be back to using wood and interior levels. Doing it that way has made lift easier for me. I don't even have to push a button now to level it.
I installed two bubble levels, one on the dash for right to left and just above the passengers head for my front to rear level. Whenever I park, I adjust my position so I'm level, then I set up my campsite around that rv position.
Since I did that I can find a level spot on most campsites and parking lots. I only use my levelers to test them , to see if they still work or not.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot does an excellent job installing and configuring them.
http://www.thebigfootleveler.com/

They do the install at the factory in White Pigeon Michigan and have electric hookups for overnighting when doing your install.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nobody mentioned HWH system yet. I am very happy with mine seeing it is 25 years old and still works. Seals and return springs are all original. I had to replace a Hyd line because it chaffed on the chassis frame and a control board because I left my window open and rain saturated the board.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I DIY installed a Bigfoot manual push button system on our previous motorhome in 2008, and the job went without a hitch with everything supplied fitting perfectly and working correctly. Any questions I had were answered promptly either by email or phone call as appropriate. I even received a phone call on a Sunday from an inquiry that I didn't expect to be answered until Monday. I couldn't have been more pleased with everything. I was also pleased when we were looking at our current motorhome, that it had a factory installed Bigfoot automatic system that has also worked well with minimal maintenance. Another leveler brand wouldn't have been a deal killer, but the Bigfoot system was a definite plus.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
I guess there are always going to be perils in attempting any DIY installtions.
I had considered ordering a system and trying the DIY route, but thought about it a bit more and decided I'd rather spend a few extra dollars on fuel to get to their shop, and let them install it, than be relegated to your situation where you play phone tag with their supprot people, and then have to wait for parts to be sent out, and so on.
Most of the reviews I've read are more about the systems being good, rather than about DIY installation problems. Your story is worthy of note.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Based on all the glowing remarks I read about the Big Foot leveling system and their support they provide to their customers I purchased a Platinum system when the company had a sale on them. I searched around within an approximate area of 3-4 hundred miles of where I live here in California for a shop to install the Bigfoot. Most. shops seemed very unfamiliar with the system but would quote me a price of $2-3 thousand for installation and it would take from 2-4 weeks to install. With this in mind, I decided to install it myself. After the initial back and forth of ordering and waiting for shipping of the BF system, it arrived and I was in the process of installing the unit that I noticed things weren't matching up the way they were supposed to and I reached out to BF with a phone call. Well after a few days and not receiving a call back I called BF again and was promised a call back which never happened. This went on for a total of 4+ months with wrong parts being sent and calls not being returned and no one claiming to be in charge who would look into helping me with my problems. Eventually I was reaching the end of my installation when I found out that BF sent me the wrong length hydraulic lines and being totally fed up with. it all, I went to a local shop that produced custom length hoses and spent $165 for the right length hoses rather than deal with BF and wait three weeks for shipment. Are they a reputable company to deal with? Absolutely not! It is a family owned and operated business and no one wants to own up to mistakes and they get away with it. Is it a good product? I have had continuous issues with the system related to parts failures and not with the installation. As a matter of fact, the installation has not been an issue at all.

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
I used wood to level the Class C.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
As I replied to your post on iRV2, Bigfoot look like a popular system.
If the border ever reopens for normal traffic, I may get a system installed. If the weight isn't a problem.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Short of installing an auto-leveling system, some Beech-Lane levelers and a LevelMatePRO is a good combination for around $200 total. If installing, Big Foot has a good reputation and, when I looked last, was running $3,500 - $4,500 depending on how many struts, etc. (but that's been a while).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015