Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input on Selling RV

EVScotty92D350D
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
New to this forum but poking around seems like this might be the applicable section to reach out for some input. I inherited subject RV and have used it many times prior to that. Love it. However just starting to "think" about selling and moving to a Small Trailer for lots of reasons. I've been told by several RVers while camping (before I was thinking of selling) that I have a very unique model, that should be highly desirable for the right audience. Just not sure how to translate that into a selling strategy. Would appreciate any input as to whether there is a particular section on this site where I might find success - or recommendation for another site if commenter thinks that would work better.
Thanks, Eric
6 REPLIES 6

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Trader is very good. Craigslist is fine, just ignore the knuckleheads. Also Offer up. Sold my Jeep yesterday on a CL ad. Auto trader gave me no responses, car gurus was a waste of money. My CL ad has been up over a month, saw no need to move it or start over.
It is a sellers market. My 19 Rubicon sold for 500 dollars less than what I paid for it 2 years ago, with 12K miles on it. RV's are selling for ridiculous numbers. With a small inventory of new vehicles the pre owned market is bizarre.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We had a lot of success with both Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. The key to Craigslist is don't let your listing stay on the site for long. Our experience is not to leave the listing up more than 3 days. We rotate the cities where we list the item. We start in our local city, then switch to Jacksonville, FL and then to Savannah, GA. Rinse and repeat until it sells.

If you don't get any takers, it is most likely priced too high.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my experience, Craigslist has turned into a platform for scammers and consignment people trying to sell your vehicle for you. I have had the best luck with RVTrader and Facebook Marketplace the past few years (especially FB Marketplace). Have plenty of good pics to post and list all the details so you won't get a bunch of needless inquiries.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it is unique... I have only ever seen a couple of them out in the wild.
Valuation will be difficult, as there aren't a lot of comps out there. They are also highly desirable, as they have a fuel-efficient 6BT Cummins ISB *and* they actually have a tow capacity, provided the trans is taken care of.

Sorry I can't help on the price. If timing were different, I'd probably be interested in the unit.
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
For sale (and wanted to buy) posts are not permitted on this site, so trying to sell it here is a non-starter.

For what it's worth, I found my motorhome via a craigslist ad. It's not particularly an unusual make or model.

EVScotty92D350D
Explorer
Explorer
just changing my "subscribe" selection so that I get notifications of responses. Thx