Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just an eye opener

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer

Something you just don't see or notice everyday, LOL

This was the result of a serious rain storm, located at the bottom of a steep hill were we had camped

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
13 REPLIES 13

NRALIFR wrote:
Well, thereโ€™s a small stream of water coming out of what appears to be electrical conduit.

Probably not uncommon for buried utilities. I know the conduit my house service is run in has water in it cause I can see it when I look down into a corner pull-box location where the conduit comes up above the ground.

Itโ€™s fine, itโ€™s all fine! :W

:):)

This...^^^ I'm not an electrician, but install, dig up and tie in conduits for bug chit...it's all full of water, even when encased in concrete ( high voltage stuff ). As the movie security guard always says, "keep moving, nothing to see here..."
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
That's liquid electric. Bottle it,someday someone with an electric car will pay dearly for it.

:B
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
That's liquid electric. Bottle it,someday someone with an electric car will pay dearly for it.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
It's essentially an artesian spring...though likely to dry up shortly after the rain ends.

Electrical conduits are not typically designed to be water proof. It's more about protecting the cable from damage and allowing easier to install new lines (assuming it doesn't simply terminate below the surface).
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, that's a small stream for sure. This one was a little more impressive after hurricane Irene in 2011...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Fidel_Gastro
Explorer
Explorer
Those conduits most likely terminate a few inches underground and then it's direct buried wire. The sky is not falling. I have seen underground transformer and distribution vaults in downtown Buffalo NY completely full of water up to the sidewalk level access openings.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder who drilled the hole in the conduit? (With hot wires inside)
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I see it now...... wasn't obvious at first. That is unusual.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Well, thereโ€™s a small stream of water coming out of what appears to be electrical conduit.

Probably not uncommon for buried utilities. I know the conduit my house service is run in has water in it cause I can see it when I look down into a corner pull-box location where the conduit comes up above the ground.

Itโ€™s fine, itโ€™s all fine! :W

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps he thinks the lack of paint on the last three inches of the two post is the result of rain runoff?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Definitely not obvious. I don't see it either.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the "what are we looking at".

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
what are we looking at?
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore