cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where did you get THAT?

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
How often have you heard that when out flaunting that RV Lifestyle?

Then someone asks you "HEY WHERE DID YOU GET THAT"

Your answer is "I heard about/saw it on RV.NET"!

I would like to thank the people here for helping me spend a lot MONEY at Amazon, E Bay, CW, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, and so many other places. :B

A man once said "True Knowledge Is Only Gained By Wasted Money"

That being said.

I would say that about 98% of the products that were suggested worked out very well. I always check them out before I buy and look at the reviews and ratings plus the X2 and X3 and so on that others put on the posts about something also sway my decision.

The ones that really get my attention are the ones that put up a LINK OR Post a picture. People that say "look on Amazon" or some such nonsense just get put in my round file.

So what have you found?

Things that were talked about here and you went and bought, were satisfied with, and told others.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
18 REPLIES 18

AKsilvereagle
Explorer II
Explorer II
My $300 waterproof and ten feature state of the art surge protector to protect my entire electrical system for my cabover from A1 Auto - which saved me any potential disaster 3 times already....

One RV Park showing reverse polarity....
One RV Park showing low voltage....
At my stepbrother's place in northern California showing excessive high Hz....

I was like, hey bro - I had to reset my surge protector a few hours ago as for whatever reason your garage outlet showed a higher frequency output than it was suppose to flow since I am plugged in with my extension cord on your grid...

Stepbrother stated, oh you mean that immensely over rated expensive surge protector that you rave about as state of the art that any 6 other typical surge protectors can protect it anyway with that price...

Nope - my house doesn't have any electrical issues at all....Although my son's power supply unit on his computer did fry earlier this morning as he was troubleshooting it for diagnostics and -YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT SURGE DETECTOR OF YOUR'S ACTUALLY DETECTED THAT FROM ANOTHER CIRCUIT ?????

And my portable floorboard refrigerator-heater that's thermostat controlled from Scamazon - keeps the water and fruit nice and cold when on the road.
1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (196K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
coolmom42 wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Well what can I say,it happened again.I saw something here on the Forum and I had to have one,so I bought it.What a great thing to have it works perfect and has made another chore so much easier and works as intended.

And Here it is

I am impressed that you have a gravity fill tank.

Is there any reason these nifty connectors wouldn't work on a pressure fill?

Yes, this connector is just for gravity fill,it attaches to the filler neck where the cap goes.

On a pressure fill,at least everyone that I have seen has a hose connection,like this one.
Buying A Rental Class C

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Well what can I say,it happened again.I saw something here on the Forum and I had to have one,so I bought it.What a great thing to have it works perfect and has made another chore so much easier and works as intended.

And Here it is

I am impressed that you have a gravity fill tank.

Is there any reason these nifty connectors wouldn't work on a pressure fill?
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Perfectly duplicated decals for my 2004 R-Vision Trail-lite. The old ones were cracked and peeling and really detracted from the otherwise great looking coach. Getting ready to put them on once this cold front moves out. She'll look almost new then!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
Link does not work: solid surface countertops

BruceMc wrote:
Uh, which THAT? B^)

Sunseeker Photo Album

As I review our projects, I recall the trials and tribulations of each, yet the satisfaction of all things we now take for granted.

Perhaps the most work went into the swivel seat mod, but we also put a lot of effort into the new solid surface countertops. They've both paid so much in dividends in the terms of usefulness and longevity.

Speaking of which, the new pleated blinds came in, so I gotta get busy & get the factory rollers replaced! I'll post pics and the story, of course.
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II

And Here it is
Buying A Rental Class C

violar
Explorer
Explorer
My top purchases for the travel trailer beyond the basic requirements:
Harbor freight trailer tool box mounted on the rear bumper for campfire tools
Floor mat at the front steps, exterior shade, Cards and card games, hoses and power connectors for 220 and 110, LP gas, bug spray, budget planner

Amberkayla
Explorer
Explorer
Windshield Wipers on amazon for my 2014 Ford E-Series Van 250. In 2018 I just started RVing with my family with this car and I have made new friends.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
My McKesh Mirrors for my Tacoma. Read about it here and I have no regrets with the purchase. I have had folks at campgrounds admire/ask about them. :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
While getting ready for my 10th annual Thanksgiving trip with this RV,I remembered one of the first things that I bought that was suggested here on the Forum.

While getting ready for that first trip,10 years ago, I dropped and broke one of the crispers in my Dometic Fridg.

I really hated those 2 crispers in the bottom of my Dometic RM2652 Fridg,to small for anything,when one broke they wanted more than $50 for a new one.

This one was the one suggested for a replacement here on the Forum.
Although it is a Norcold Product,it fits nicely in my Dometic RM 2652, is only $25 and no more folded lettuce,it also is a great place to chill a couple bottles of wine. :B

Buying A Rental Class C

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the best and most used item that I got when I first became a member and saw it here was the Fireside Friend ,I like my Campfires and this has been used more than any of my other camping gear.
Buying A Rental Class C

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Uh, which THAT? B^)

Sunseeker Photo Album

As I review our projects, I recall the trials and tribulations of each, yet the satisfaction of all things we now take for granted.

Perhaps the most work went into the swivel seat mod, but we also put a lot of effort into the new solid surface countertops. They've both paid so much in dividends in the terms of usefulness and longevity.

Speaking of which, the new pleated blinds came in, so I gotta get busy & get the factory rollers replaced! I'll post pics and the story, of course.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
TempStick to keep the cats reasonably safe when we're away from the RV.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Explorer II
Explorer II
I was using one of my DC-DC converter chargers to charge a 10Ah gel-cell used to power a Q-Beam and thought I'd post a pic of what I'm talking about

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857