cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing TV

rrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2010 Chateau Citation 29BG B+ with the front entertainment center. There is 32" Jensen TV that is mounted flush to the cabinet with no moldings around it. How do you remove the TV? I tried to lift it up hoping there was a spring or clip that would release but none. There is a small opening from the side cabinet looking into the center one where the TV is mounted and I can see the steel frame. Is this TV screwed onto the frame and you need to use mirrors or whatever to try and unscrew it?
thanks for any info
8 REPLIES 8

rrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Had another look at the steel frame behind the TV and it looks like I may be able to remove 3 screws hold the frame to the bottom of the cabinet. If this works it assume the TV along with the frame would then fall out forward. Of course it would be unplugged first and a second person standing in front of the TV to hold it.

rrunner
Explorer
Explorer
I will be trying to unscrew the tv from the steel frame as I can feel the 4 of them. With a bright light and a mirror, it may work. When all else fails, I will try calling Thor.
Thanks

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know you said there is no frame around the tv but if it is hidden, it might have a rear strip of wood mounted off to each side.

Try to access it from each side cabinet. There might be screws there.
You might need a second pair of hands as you loosen the screws, it may just drop down.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like the TV is screwed onto the steel frame using the same holes on the TV that would be used if you were to mount a bracket onto it. Since the Tv cannot be lifted up there is no bracket there.
Get a mirror and look behind the TV.
My Cambria had brackets mounted to the side of the TV with moulding hiding those brackets. The rear holes that come on the TV were used fasten this bracket to the Tv.
I had the brackets that hold the nose cone to the roof of the cab break so I was in there a few times.

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
Makes sense to me why not call the RV factory for directions?
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

rrunner
Explorer
Explorer
tried pulling it straight out and no luck. I wonder if I have to get a screw driver into the rear of the tv mount and unscrew it. Its doesn't look easy but with a mirror perhaps I can try. there is an access to the center section of the entertainment center from the left cabinet so will try that if nothing else surfaces.

rrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll give this a try but its pretty tight

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Does it pull straight out? If it does you will see your answer.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member