Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Tioga 23E water pump

fishinpole2
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm posting in the correct place.
Have a new to us 2004 Tioga 23E. I am trying to gain access to the water pump. Sounds like it is in the bottom of the bath sink cabinet but there is no way I can see to access it. Bottom of cabinet can only be removed if I disconnect all sink plumbing. There should be a better way. Please help me find it.
THANKS FOR YOU ASSISTANCE

I'll try answering and add more info
To Dutch_12678: There is no outside storage under bathroom.
ToDreWE: The bathroom under sink cabinet has a false floor about 1 foot above the motorhome floor. It is screwed in at all four corners and the drain and hot & cold water lines run through this floor. Also the "p"trap hangs down so if I remove the screws and attempt to raise this floor, it can only go up about 1-2 inches. If the pump is below this (and I think it is) I have to remove the sink drain/"p" trap and hot/cold water lines. Hoping for a better way.
To Tobydad: The freshwater tank is on the driver side and is located below a "jack knife" couch. To the left is a double door large cabinet. All of which move out with the slide. I can view under the couch and the pump is not there.
To bobndot: The water heater and bypass valve are on the opposite side of the RV. heater under fridge. Bypass under kitchen sink.
To Dusty R and garyhaupt: This small RV does not have a regular bed. Dinette is also on opposite side of RV. Space heater and electronics under dinette seats.
To IAMICHABOD: When I pull our only two lowest drawers, I see only the wheel well. No space for waterpump.
I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND ADVISE.
You have me crawling around looking under every space I can get to. I am learning a lot about what I do have in this Tioga.
At this point I might attempt removing the false floor under the bathroom sink.
Thanks again.....
8 REPLIES 8

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2004 26Q Tioga water pump is located inside the rear dinette seat cabinet. Just remove cushion and take out four phillips screws and lift out plywood cover. If the same the water pump setup, pump, filter , tubing plus converter/charger and wiring may be there. Good to remove front dinette plywood cover and see what's in there too. BTW, hot and cold water shutoff valves may be accessible, with difficulty, behind a panel on the outside of bathroom wall. If you DIY you will need to get familiar with this and house battery setup.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think if you pull out the lowest drawers below the wardrobe next to the couch,you have to take them all the way out and unclip and remove them,This video will show you how
Your pump may be there,worth a look.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Both off mine have been under the table seating cushions. One side, closest to driver, has the water tank..other side, the electronics and plumbing.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of ours have been next to the water storage tank under the the bed. The mattress lays on plywood which lifts up and uncovers the tank and pump. I like to add a small water pressure tank to the system which lets the pump turn less often and run longer when it does turn on. Prevents the short bursts, like when flushing the toilet.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
tobydad wrote:
Usually the water pump is next to the fresh water tank. Maybe under a dinette seat or couch.

Yes, good thought , most are mounted low in the area between the water tank, water heater by-pass and the gravity fill port.

Even though its daylight it helps to use a flashlight.
You would be surprised at how much more you can see inside dark cabinets.
My pump is inside that 'area of space', but it's inside an exterior storage compartment having access via hinged door. The door is made from the same material as the compartment interior, black, making it difficult to see, it all blends in.

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
Usually the water pump is next to the fresh water tank. Maybe under a dinette seat or couch.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the bottom "floor" inside the cabinet under the sink can be removed from inside the cabinet by undoing some screws or even just by prying it loose.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum!

Is there an outside storage bin right below the bathroom? Where is your fresh water tank located?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate