cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mopar wiring harness on 2020 Wrangler

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I currently have a 2015 2 door Wrangler setup to tow behind our motorhome. My wife's old 2014 4 door Jeep was also setup to tow. She traded in her Jeep last year on a 2020 and it's not setup yet for towing. I miss being able to take her 4 door on some trips when we have our nieces with us. The 2 door is very cramped.

On my 2015, I have the blue ox baseplate and I have the mopar wiring harness for the lights. Does Mopar make a wiring harness for 2020 Jeeps? When I search, I find the same harness that I purchased for our 2015 but I have been told that harness won't work with the JL Jeeps (2018 and up).

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
9 REPLIES 9

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
That would certainly be cheaper. I bought the Blue Ox kit from Amazon, Blue Ox BX88368 EZ Light Wiring Kit for Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator, for my 2021 JL.
2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
MetalGator wrote:
dsteinman wrote:
The Mopar wiring harness is 82215382AB. It is a lot of work to install and you have to be careful with the electrical plugs since the directions are not very clear, but it works well.

I used the Cooltech harness on our 2012 Wrangler, but the current harness requires you to remember to flip a switch.

Wow, they are pretty proud of that wiring harness. Over 3 times what I paid for the 2015 JK harness.

Thanks for the info.

I came to the same conclusion, so I went online and bought a 25 foot coil of 7-conductor wire, in a sheath, for about $35, and two 4PDT switches for about $5 each and I'm building my own version of their harness, for my Gladiator AND my wife's Wrangler!
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
bob_nestor wrote:
I used the CoolTech harness on my 2011 2dr JK and will be putting this one on my 202 2dr JK

Cool Tech 2018-up JK wire harness

Thank you for the info.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
dsteinman wrote:
The Mopar wiring harness is 82215382AB. It is a lot of work to install and you have to be careful with the electrical plugs since the directions are not very clear, but it works well.

I used the Cooltech harness on our 2012 Wrangler, but the current harness requires you to remember to flip a switch.

Wow, they are pretty proud of that wiring harness. Over 3 times what I paid for the 2015 JK harness.

Thanks for the info.

dsteinman
Explorer
Explorer

2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
MetalGator wrote:
CA Traveler wrote:
You may need also need the harness that enables EPS when being towed. Call the dealer to see if it's available.

Search death wobble on irv2.com for a ton of information.

I don't think these are needed on Wranglers but I have heard about the death wobble on Grand Cherokees. I think the electric power steering might be different between the models but I will definitely check.

Burch

Wranglers have a different PS system. Same type recirculating ball, but the fluid uses an electric pump. So no special harness needed.

Not sure on the specific light wiring harness.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
CA Traveler wrote:
You may need also need the harness that enables EPS when being towed. Call the dealer to see if it's available.

I don't think these are needed on Wranglers but I have heard about the death wobble on Grand Cherokees. I think the electric power steering might be different between the models but I will definitely check.

Burch

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used the CoolTech harness on my 2011 2dr JK and will be putting this one on my 202 2dr JK

Cool Tech 2018-up JK wire harness

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob