cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holes in exhaust

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Fleetwood 36H has holes in the exhaust pipe. Where can this be fixed or replaced?

Doug
17 REPLIES 17

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Are these he holes where a small heat shield was welded at one time? if so then I would take it somewhere and have them weld up the holes. the factory pipe is far better than any aftermarket garbage you can buy. My V-10 Excursion did the same thing. I welded up the small holes and never had a problem.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Shop that does exhaust work should know enough to keep ground connection close to welding area. You should have no problems.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
Found a shop that bends tubing and using welding to connect pipes. My concern now is damage to electronics due to welding grounds. Big truck shops said that is main reason for refusing to work on rv. I can disconnect battery connections but donโ€™t know how to disconnect Allison wiring and other components. Worth the risk?

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Is this what you are talking about?

Autozone

That should do the job. Brush or clean with sand paper and follow instruction on package.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depending on the motor home
My Intruder it was possible to work wheels down
You can also lay 1x12's down Take like a 4' and a 2' lay the 2' atop the 4' (glue it there) and drive six (Assuming duals on rear) up on the top plank That fives 'em an added 3 inches and very very safe.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
I got my exhaust parts for my 2007 fleeywood bounder w22 from ultrarvproducts.com

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have always used a hi temp epoxy resin. I think this on is an acrylic resin. As long as it good for 350F or so it will work. Some of these wraps have aluminum mess or foil for added strength.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is this what you are talking about?

Autozone

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
If your local muffler shop won't work on it without it being lifted just remove the pipe and take it to them. Have them fabricate a new pipe and install it yourself. Or maybe a 100 dollar bill will persuade them to do something they normally don't do.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Yes

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
Can the heat tape be bought at auto parts stores.?

bennefim
Explorer
Explorer
Tried several muffler shops in my area. They donโ€™t have large lift and want work on it on ground. Big truck shops scared to work on them for liability reasons. Will keep trying I guess.

Doug

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
How bad are the holes? Are the holes near the manifold or aft of the muffler? Does muffler have holes yet? If holes are small, and aft of muffler on a 15 year old exhaust I would just wrap the bad section with hi temp prepreg class cloth, then when muffler finally goes replace the whole system. The heat from the exhaust will cure the resin in the cloth and form a tight seal.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Any muffler shop that has a lift available for large trucks. Most muffler shops for cars will not have pipes that are large enough in diameter nor any way to work underneath your rig.