cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement axles

Braces
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Montana HC 5200 rated axles Rear axle has lost its arch and I cannot find a place in Al,Ga,Tn,Fl that has them in stock or can rebend this one. Dexter Model D 52. Any help in finding new one or fixing this one will be appreciated. Is the only difference between 5200 and 6000 the dimensions and would there be a problem running a 5200 and a 6000. I know there are different brake parts and number of lugs but I have found a 6000 with the correct measurements for these.
9 REPLIES 9

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Dexter axles have a serial number stamped (or on a tag) in the center-rear of the axle. The number is the same for all (2 or 3) axles in a set.

Dexter customer service can take that number and give you the exact specifications of the original axle/spring set and/or determine what upgrades will fit your installation.

Their customer service is, by the way, excellent.

A
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
JM Onsite Repair from Gadsden had the axle I needed made within a few days when I had a problem.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
With new axles, I'd up grade the weight rating, provided you can get the same wheel lug pattern to match your existing wheels. Also, a great time to upgrade the springs, equalizer and the shackles with wet bolts.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Dexter is a name brand. Local trailer dealers should be able to order from their supplier wether it be the name brand or and local manufacture. My brother has been in the trailer business for over 20 years. He mostly sells axles from more local builders. Does not have to be Dexter.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would check with Etrailer.com. They have always been very helpful when I have used them. Good luck.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention that I ordered the axles from them and they delivered them by FedEX (who is my least favorite delivery service, but that's another story). Buying from them was much less expensive than anything I could find locally.

Here is the link for their EBay store R&B Carraige Ebay Store
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
5200# axle has a 3/16" x 3"tube, 6000# has 1/4" x 3"tube.
Spindle, brake backing plate, and inner bearings are the same, outer bearings are same ID but different OD or width. Both are normally 6 lug hubs.

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
I have bought axles on two occasions from R & P Carriages. I was very happy with their price and service.

I replaced 6000 pound axles with 7000 pound axles with no changes, but I am not sure about 5200 verses 6000. I would call them and ask.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Check with Etrailer for an axle and they can answer your questions.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE