cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Draining gray after black tank washer/black tank combo

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
I have always tried to drain a near full gray tank after the black tank. We recently purchased a 2021 Salem Hemisphere with washer/dryer and the black tank shares the outlet with the washer drain. We donโ€™t always use the washer when it is time to drain the black so wondering if anyone has a way around this.
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
4 REPLIES 4

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps a minority here as I pull both valves " black and gray " at the same time.
What I've found is a vacuum effect is created at the Y connection and black tank has a much better disposal rate.

I do however spray out the slinky.

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
Well, that makes sense. I do have the black tank flush and that will take care of it. Thanks for that!
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Donโ€™t hesitate to fill both tanks just before dumping...black then grey...if water is available.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Install a tank flusher in the black tank or use a cleaning wand in the toilet.

The reason we drain the black tank first is to clear out the drain hose with the grey tank water, nothing to do with flushing the tanks.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob