cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New "Hitch" line of trailers by Cruiser RV

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cruiser RV has come out with a new line, the "Hitch," which is geared toward boondocking on forest roads:

Link to Hitch models

I wish the promotional material had focused more on the chassis and the suspension, but maybe they will add more info on those items later.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
9 REPLIES 9

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œBeefed up,โ€ Rex, is a larger sticker...usually affixed near the RV door...proclaiming EXCELLENCE!

Funny!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I agree that labels are not the same thing as quality components and workmanship. But speaking as someone who has owned two Cruiser trailers over the last 16 years (and who has towed them on some really bad roads, with rocks and deep ruts), I would be hesitant to conclude that this new model is "junk" until I inspect it carefully.

Yes, it might be junk. Or not. But as a satisfied Cruiser customer, I'm interested in finding out more about this new model.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
I've never before heard of a TT referred to as "industrial built." But then, it is built by the RV industry... ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, it makes me curious as well to know what, if anything, is truly 'beefed up.'

ROFLMAO....and folks will buy into that BS too.
No different than using the words quality and craftsmanship in brochures and on websites 3 dozen times. Still junk on a Lippert frame.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many recent models from different manufacturers offer trailers like this one with higher or raised floor/chassis for more ground clearance and some have wider tires. Lots of duplication of models by most manufacturers.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a glorified R-Pod or Winnie Drop.

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
I do not see anything off-road worthy here, but it does state only "forest roads", which are smooth gravel with some potholes at worst. Lots of stuff still hanging below the floor to get ripped off should one of those forest roads get washed out and you go through a rut and rip everything off under neath, including the stabilizers and sewage pipe ends.

Hitch? Don't all trailers have a hitch?
I have an idea, name a line of trailers, Roof, that will pull in the buyers. Who does not want a roof on their RV?

I like they are going in the right direction. Light and towable is good. Aluminum walls make it light and superior to wood that will rot unitl something breaks. Wood is easy to fix.

There are a lot of RVers making their own camper trailers out of the much much more durable and capable cargo trailers. Perhaps the "industry" is just slow to catch on. There are "industrial" , err, manufacturers making "off-road" campers, but there are just regular campers with big off-road tires on them. They still have all the junk hanging below deck and are not really off-road worthy other than a couple extra inches of clearance.
To get an off-road worthy camper will cost a lot more than just different tires, so I think this will always be a speciality item made by few and small "manufacturers".

Most people's idea of off road is cutting across the grass to that level gravel tent pad in the campground or going 1/2 mile down a smooth gravel road...

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œBeefed up,โ€ Rex, is a larger sticker...usually affixed near the RV door...proclaiming EXCELLENCE!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I've never before heard of a TT referred to as "industrial built." But then, it is built by the RV industry... ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, it makes me curious as well to know what, if anything, is truly 'beefed up.'
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So do I but many potential RVers lack interest in chassis and suspension...just want bling.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad