cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's a few of your favorite destinations to go?

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
For me Forest Hills California

https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_07571/ride_0f37.htm

And Doheny State Beach

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=645
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus
15 REPLIES 15

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
cbigham wrote:

I'd say Colorado. Moab is nice, CA has some long desert rides, but here you get single track, mountain passes, great street rides, interesting towns.

that's beautiful!! Idaho has a lot of singletrack trails!

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

Y-Guy
Thanks cbigham!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
Y-Guy wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Kanab Utah if you like ATV/UTV riding. Stunning views and endless trails. Hanksville Utah is a close 2nd.

It's been years since our Utah trip at the time we had ATVs and recall many of the trails were strictly limited to 50" or less, has that changed much? We've been debating of getting a UTV but unsure how many of the trails would be closed off currently. Any thougths?

Many Utah trails have 50 inch posts. We used to run our first generation rzr thru all that we could. There's still dirt roads out there, jeep trails you can put a new generation utv on. Colorado and Wyoming also have some nice trails. I'm a dirt biker so we usually select stuff more intimate with the land. Good luck

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III

I'd say Colorado. Moab is nice, CA has some long desert rides, but here you get single track, mountain passes, great street rides, interesting towns.

Y-Guy
Flashman wrote:
Kanab Utah if you like ATV/UTV riding. Stunning views and endless trails. Hanksville Utah is a close 2nd.

It's been years since our Utah trip at the time we had ATVs and recall many of the trails were strictly limited to 50" or less, has that changed much? We've been debating of getting a UTV but unsure how many of the trails would be closed off currently. Any thougths?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Our VERY favorite place is Big Bend Natl Park in Texas. We've been several times and the last time there, we visited Boquillas, Mexico, just across the Rio Grande. Men row you across the river in small boats and on the other side you can choose to get to the town (1 mile away) in a truck or ride a horse or ride a donkey..or you can walk. We chose the donkeys. On the river bank on the Mexican town, there was a man playing guitar and singing 'Cielito Lindo'. Boquillas is really a small village...friendly people selling trinkets, two restaurants. We ate at the smaller of the two, Boquillas Restaurant...great Mexican food and a very friendly owner.

Our runner-up is Cannon Beach, Oregon. That drive up the coast on Hwy 101 and the beach and Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach were so beautiful. Dogs are welcome on the beach and there are so many places nearby to visit....Mo's clam chowder with ocean view, nearby lighthouse and Tillamook for ice cream or cheeses. And the views of the Pacific were fantastic.

We also love Utah...so much to see in that state, especially the national parks near Moab.

There are so many beautiful and interesting places to visit in this country!

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon dunes and the high desert just east of Bend Oregon be it East Fort Rock or Milican with hundreds of riding trails. So much to do at each destination outside of riding. We end up packing a John boat in the toy hauler along with all four quads.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
st anthony sand dunes in idaho. run the dunes then stop at the lake and cool down.

dedmiston
Spangler, Dove Springs, Jawbone, Cuddeback, Barstow, JV...

No matter how many times we go back to "the same old places", we find new trails every time.

One silver lining from covid has been camping with smaller groups. The big groups always go to the same places, but we can explore a lot more when there are just two or three of us.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since I have a real toy in a real toy hauler about any drag strip east of the Mississippi river. I have raced at over 50 tracks in my life. Last was West Palm Beach this past New Years.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Since this is posted in the toy hauler thread, I'll share.

NE Oregon (near John Day) has some great motorcycle riding. Both on and off road. S x S too.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Alaska
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Oh man, I loved Doheny.. a few years ago. Looks like now it's near impossible to get into. I just dropped in one day and got a spot without many peeps there. That was probably 2010
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman