cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet lasted 22 months, replaced it

MrWizard
MAY 2019 installed new Aqua Magic RV residence low profile toilet
Monday the flush broke, the internal shaft broke where the screw fasten to the external shaft
Broken part is the Off Color tip with the screw still in it, holding it to external shaft that is operated by the pedal

Went to the closest Camping World, about 17 miles, and bought a new toilet, they did not have the parts kit to do a repair on the 42170 residence low profile

New toilet with hand flush

Hopefully this one will last longer
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
7 REPLIES 7

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
They must not make em like they used to, just like everything else. Our Aqua Magic is 21 years old. Hubby fixed the spring for the foot petal and it rinses all the way around the rim. I'd be upset if I was changing one after 22 months !

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
I had a leak problem when it water would not shut off after a flush. It dribbled all night and I got up to a wet floor. I bought parts and pulled it to put parts in. There is a spring on the flush pedal, it comes off your done.

I bought a Dometic 310 to replace the now defunct Aqua Magic. Whole new game, flushes around the entire rim not just a spray from a nozzle at the back, and it has a slow close lid. I'll never go back to the Aqua magic.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

MrWizard
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Thetford 42048 Waste Ball Drive Arm
$15 Amazon....$17 E-bay

Outside the bowl drive arm is Not Broken

I think the piece that broke off and was still attached to waste gate drive arm, is from the ball valve,
The waste gate drive arm, fastens to ball valve waste gate, with a screw,
The correct part to replace would have been the waste gate ball valve
And Im not in a location to have taken the thing outside cleanse it with soap bleach and water hose, to install a new ball valve waste gate, don't think the local car wash would have appreciated me doing it there, either, considering that it wasn't mud

That toilet and broken pieces are long gone in the trash dumpster last night
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
I full-time
Ordering parts online and doing without a flushable toilet until they arrive, was not the option I wanted

I deemed replacement with a different model a better choice, although more costly

Matt
It's an Aqua-Magic V, Low profile version, water saver, hand flush with optional hand sprayer for cleaning rinse
Plastic and very light weight

I prefer the Sealand line from dometic, I like the 310 models with bowls made of China, they are heavier, cost more, but I think they are better quality
And that's what I wanted, but they sold the only one yesterday morning before I got there after lunch
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Thetford 42048 Waste Ball Drive Arm
$15 Amazon....$17 E-bay
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
So,

The old pot that lasted less than 2 years was a Thetford product. Did you know that if you try to order parts directly form Thetford in Ann Arbor Michigan, they wait three days before they ship anything?

I don't recognize the new one, can you tell us what you just installed?

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A high quality plastic part broke? No replacement available? Say it ain’t so, Joe.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad