cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ceramic Waxes

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used a ceramic wax on there RV similar to Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax? I typically wax my entire Class A once a year with a conventional car wax. It obviously takes time and is a big project. It looks like this product would be a good and faster alternative. Any thoughts or suggestions?
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b
21 REPLIES 21

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
This is interesting. I tried the Turtle Wax on my car and RZR. It seems it really sticks. I wouldn't use it on windows. I got some on a window and had a really hard time removing it. I plan on using on my MH next year. It doesn't break the bank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYxKQwZah1s

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/pioL_-bm5_4
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I recently saw a you tube vid of someone with polly wax. It gets applied with a foam cannon and a pressure washer. So , apply it and dry it and done. So far it works well. I did 3 cars and the camper in a few hours. How long it lasts , i dont know. But so far im sold. I'll look for the vid.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Been using Rejex on the rig. Thinking I'm switching to Wash Wax All after seeing a neighbors full time 2016 rig treated with nothing else. No scratches and looks really good. I like McKee's 37 Gloss Tire gel in a big way. I see they now have a ceramic tire treatment.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
I also like NuFinish. It is easy to apply.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Over 15 years I used an assortment of waxes. Simonize (paste) Turtle Wax (ice and other types) Meguires paste and liquid and last ceramics.

One of the more interesting things is the effect a fresh wax job had on MPG.

Suggestion.. Do a before and after MPG check. You might be surprised.

Itdon't count driving west, then driving east after waxing in Kansas McGhee!
We saw 20+ something mpg in Kansas on the way to Hastings one year when the wind was from the west at 70mph according to radio..in the MH!

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
RckyMtnVia wrote:
I used to use Nu Finish twice a year, and it was an all day project to wax the motorhome. A friend who shows hot rods told me about Lucas Slick Mist which is a spray on wax, and I use it every time I wash the rv. Gives a brilliant shine and water beads up in the rain. It doesn't matter how long it lasts since I use it every time I wash the rv, which is at least once a month. It is a blue bottle available at Wally World for about $8, and I get about 3 waxes of the rv with it. I also use it on the cars and is super easy.

Just tried this on my car its looks great...super shinny and towel just slides right over after (slick).
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Over 15 years I used an assortment of waxes. Simonize (paste) Turtle Wax (ice and other types) Meguires paste and liquid and last ceramics.

One of the more interesting things is the effect a fresh wax job had on MPG.

Suggestion.. Do a before and after MPG check. You might be surprised.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
My only experience with "Ceramic Waxes" was two years ago on our little AMG.I think it was Meguires. You sprayed it on after washing and rinsed it with strong steam of water. Every bottle of it just about on the shelf leaked through or ate though the plastic bottle bottom. I didn't know it when I bought it though. One guy at the Mercedes dealer only washed my vehicle. He put ton for me. It shed water and bugs easily and the shine was great. I bought it because I have difficulty doing anything and I would have to wash the car myself. The car has set in my garage for two years minus three excursions and to the dealer for service B.
It needs washing now, and the Mercedes Dealer has quit hand washing cars and installed one of those auto brush systems. So today or tomorrow I will do it myself and I'm particular.I'll see how much of the shine remains. I'll hand polish and wax with Meguires spray polish and spray synthetic wax only because that will be my limit and until I can find someone who knows not to use dirty mitt or brush and not to dip them int o dirty soap solution, to wash a car and cares about his work. The wax worked but on spotless finish. I normally would not think of using such a wax. The car is 10 years old but looks better than the new Mercedes. New Mercedes don't have real glossy finishes. They are water based paints and the clear coats too apparently.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I still use paste wax with a buffer on the roof. NuFinish on the sides. Protectant 303 on the tires, rubber and engine. Then silicone spray any parts that move. Do that once a month after it's bath. Well, not the roof...I only do that twice a year....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
I used to use Nu Finish twice a year, and it was an all day project to wax the motorhome. A friend who shows hot rods told me about Lucas Slick Mist which is a spray on wax, and I use it every time I wash the rv. Gives a brilliant shine and water beads up in the rain. It doesn't matter how long it lasts since I use it every time I wash the rv, which is at least once a month. It is a blue bottle available at Wally World for about $8, and I get about 3 waxes of the rv with it. I also use it on the cars and is super easy.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Bruce_Brown
PastorCharlie wrote:

Its hard to beat Nu-Finish Nf-76 Carwax the once a year product...rated number one by professionals auto finishers. Its my preference.

Agreed. Our MH is garage kept. I can't remember the last time I waxed it, it doesn't need it any time soon. It still looks great and water still beads up.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
Well call me old fashioned, but hand waxed our 32โ€™ 5er with Meguires paste cleaner wax preceded with turtle wax polishing compound. Took about four days to polish and wax the entire surface, still beading beautifully!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Gonzo42 wrote:
does it remove the old wax buildup on the vehicle?

Nope. Wash it twice good with dish soap first and you are good to go.