cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

roof coatings....again.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
After some damage to my trailer roof by a tree branch and going through the dealer to inspect and price a fix for it they recommended an insurance claim which I did after they gave me an 11,000 dollar total new roof membrane replacement. While investigating things I came across RV Armor and suggested this to the insurance adjustor which he jumped on because it was 5,300, half of the new membrane price.

Now, a year later and one service call back to RV Armor I am pleased with the product and results. They stand by their product and service was almost immediate with no hassle at all.

Here's my question to all here, why do they not do the slide roofs? I did ask the guy who did the work and he said they just don't do them so essentially a non answer. Just curious really so what are your opinions on this?
5 REPLIES 5

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sjm9911 wrote:
Intresting, they went right over the lunan with it.

On mine they replaced the luan before the TPO was installed, then the multi-layer coating.

BTW , the process comes with lifetime parts and labor warrantee against leaks or failure.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Intresting, they went right over the lunan with it.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had RV Armor do my roof last November. I my TPO had failed. Shredding and leaking many places.

So they tore off the TPO and replaced, one sheet of luan had to be replaced.

So mine was an extra $3000.

Iโ€™m not concerned about the slide roofs. They have slide toppers and spend most their time inside and out of the weather.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like its just a paint type product. It probably needs to be installed over some roofing material like a ruberized roof. Otherwise it would crack. Plus you dont have to remove the old roof, just patch and paint.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
My question is, why are RV manufacturers not installing RV Armor on the rigs at the factory?
If it's half the price of a membrane roof that would make sense.
Or, was the RV dealer trying to gouge a customer/insurance co.?