cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Fuzion value

Madhatter1
Explorer
Explorer
Bought our 2008 Fuzion new. Used much over the years. Time to sell but I have no idea what they are worth. There are issues I may or may not correct based on advice here. Would rather let it go to some younger fixer upper guy where the situation makes a big camper affordable to him.

List of issues:

Graphics are nearly non existent. Needs much love on the outside cosmetically. It's 13 years old.

Ramp door is soft. Fine for dirt bikes and such but won't trust it for the golf cart. Needs to be reinforced or replaced.

Generator switch inside has a grounded wire so disconnected. Start/Stop is done from genset switch.

Gas line to fridge dropped and has a hole worn in it, needs to be replaced.

Tires are hardly used by old so may need to be replaced.

Misc items will need some TLC but not bad.

The good: Solid aluminum frame unit. Interior is still very nice, no odors. Never had any water leaks except the OSB floor in garage. That has been 100% replaced with 3/4" marine plywood. Tigerwood flooring on it now. That is in good shape. Everything operational.

Asking for opinions on value as is or all fixed up. I just have no idea. Thanks for any opinions
8 REPLIES 8

Y-Guy
Congrats!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Madhatter1
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Fuzion 373. Asking price was $13,500. Sold today for full asking price. I am happy. Buyer is happy. I fully and honestly disclosed all issues and it was rewarded with no negotiations. I did voluntarily throw in delivery which is a 400 mile run each direction.

Madhatter1
Explorer
Explorer
I picked a price and must be at good pricepoint. Getting a decent amount of inquiries. Hope to have it sold within a few weeks.

After it sells I'll disclose listing/selling price for reference including model. Funny thing is most inquiries are from far away and out of state. One couple is traveling 400 miles tomorrow to view it.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
no idea what they are worth. Or what would someone pay? Any photo's.

I use Craiglist for a guide for current market prices.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
nayther wrote:
Market it HOT right now. I sold our 2007 Rage'n for 12,500 2 1/2 years ago to a close family friend. It was a great deal but couldn't get any bites so dropped it enough for them to buy it. They just bought a bigger TH and are selling our old one, asking 17,500. I'll bet he gets 15 for it.

Absolutely. When looking for unitsI saw that ANYTHING @ 15K or lower sold in days. I could't get there fast enough. I paid a fair price for my Work and Play BUT there were guys in line so I had to move fast. Selling my C I got top dollar so it was a win for me both ways.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Market it HOT right now. I sold our 2007 Rage'n for 12,500 2 1/2 years ago to a close family friend. It was a great deal but couldn't get any bites so dropped it enough for them to buy it. They just bought a bigger TH and are selling our old one, asking 17,500. I'll bet he gets 15 for it.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of repairs needed, tires are most likely timed out by age . IF it is structurally sound that is what is important. I just purchased a unit with issues but those can be fixed. It's really a **** shoot. Start with average retail minus add up what it would cost to repair the broken items. Faulty switches, valves or whatever doesn't chase away everyone. A motorhead like myself looks at that as fun stuff. If it doesn't leak, no frame damage etc that's what is important. Graphics? I see tons of trailers out in the desert with no graphics. The appliances in RV's are throwaways. After so many years they get tossed for new ones. The RV'er who can't replace a fuse is not interested in your unit however those like myself are looking.

When selling my vehicles I price them high, I have service records and fix anything that fails. I price them high then wait. Then I start dropping the price and bam the buyers come alive.
I ignore the low ballers who are imbeciles and those interested come forward. It takes time but that's ok. Look for comparable and adjust accordingly. Great time to sell as new ones are slow
coming out.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
This what NADA has to say you can go from there.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C