Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: New Border Regulations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> New Border Regulations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Canada and the northern US states are following the “science” while Florida is not. Restaurants are at 100% (plexiglass barriers) and optional outside dining at most. Houses are selling within hours of listing at absurd prices. Schools have been open since September with on line or in person. The 3 SE FL counties #s are double the rest of the state (thank you NYers) and still Florida has a low % of deaths unlike northern states that have killed thousands of businesses.

*People 74+ started getting the vaccine in January and now it’s available for 64+, including some snowbirds. I had no reaction to either Murdina shot. Enjoying the sun which increases my vitamin D.

* This post was last edited 02/22/21 01:36pm by Ivylog *   View edit history

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.

Ed White

Kelowna, BC, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't believe how many nasty comments are coming from people back in Canada who are supposed to be compassionate, tolerant, and understanding Canadians, just because they allowed themselves to be bullied by their Government into spending their winter in lock down. We have been on the Mexican Baja near Cabo since November, leading a life that is very close to the normal non-pandemic life, keeping active and healthy, instead of being housebound in the snow and ice in Canada.
I defend the right of those who were bullied into staying home to stay home, but they should be tolerant too, and fully accept that we adults made a different decision. We don't have many years left, and we weren't interested in wasting one of those precious years sitting at home. PLUS, please keep in mind we are NOT breaking any laws - we are guaranteed freedom to travel by our Charter of Rights.
As for the land border crossing rules, we don't see them as particularly problematic. Obtaining the PCR test in the USA will be easy, and even though we think it is completely illogical and un-necessary, we will happily do the test as we cross the border back into Canada, and we will do the other obligatory test ten days later. (Incidentally, Health Canada officials at a House of Commons hearing on Feb 19, admitted that there was no scientific data to back up the vindictive new rules. That should be good fodder for court cases against the Government like the one launched by JCCF.).
As most people now know, worldwide cases of Covid are PLUNGING, and if things stay on the present trajectory, the rules will have to be very different when we leave to return to Canada in later April or early May. By that time, at the present rate of decline, the infection levels will be miniscule.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over 500,000 DEAD and still this pointless argument goes on.
me, me, me!!!

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ed White. You will find this hard to believe but I LOVED your post. All of the do called rules that Trudeau is forcing on us are ridiculous. If one is flying then a proper test at both ends and quarantine at home are as good as anything Trudeau is implementing. Same for those at land borders. Many snowbirds are at an age where they worked hard and have had the snowbird lifestyle for many years. Why should they give that up and be too old to travel by the time we are vaccinated. We may as well be living in North Korea. There is zero evidence that these border regs. do any good.

Ed White

Kelowna, BC, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Moisheh.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you break it all down to bare facts nobody knows what the outcome will be especially politicians.
They're pulled to the left to the right then back again. Surrounded by everybody shouting me, me, me.
All they can really ask of us is to suck it up and take one for the team.
Wear a mask, wash your hand, don't touch your face, keep your distance.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/21 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

All of the do called rules that Trudeau is forcing on us are ridiculous. If one is flying then a proper test at both ends and quarantine at home are as good as anything Trudeau is implementing. Same for those at land borders.

The problem is that honest people don't think the same as crooks and generally dishonest people.

AS someone in the aviation field I can tell you the problem of fraudulent / forged test certificates is rampant, even here within Canada.

The concept is sound, but how do you prove the negative test result is a genuine article?

How? Reproduce the test after the person arrives back in Canada and hold them in quarantine until the results come back in.

Oh wait, that IS what they are doing....... LOL

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/21 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ed White: be sure that many of us are lobbying for the same rules at land crossings as airports.

Not nasty, but seeking consistency. $2000 pp for your wait at the border. Welcome home.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/21 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ed is correct. Instead of concentrating on getting more vaccine these rules are just a distraction so Trudeau will look like a tuff guy. There is absolutely no evidence that Snowbirds are bringing illness to Canadians. Also flight crews are exempt. Now Blair and King Justin want to cause havoc by testing truck drivers. We have already bankrupted the airlines now he will kill cross border trucking and thousands of manufacturing jobs. It is only getting worse.

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/21 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

Ed is correct. Instead of concentrating on getting more vaccine these rules are just a distraction so Trudeau will look like a tuff guy. There is absolutely no evidence that Snowbirds are bringing illness to Canadians. Also flight crews are exempt. Now Blair and King Justin want to cause havoc by testing truck drivers. We have already bankrupted the airlines now he will kill cross border trucking and thousands of manufacturing jobs. It is only getting worse.

The border regulations are based on science..... what sources are your comments based on?

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> New Border Regulations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.