cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refridgerator is acting bizarre

randompanda
Explorer
Explorer
We're having an issue with our Dometic fridge and I'm at a loss on what to do. Hoping someone on here has experienced this and can help.
Out of the blue the fridge started freezing the food in the fridge not the freezer so we bought a new thermistor. The fridge stopped freezing but the check light came on next morning. Found out the hose in back broke and water went everywhere. We dried it up and put new hose and the check light went off and everything was fine again for the next 24 hours. Next morning, check light is back on. Went outside and there's no water. wiggled some parts around and now the check light is back off. Does anyone know what is happening? ๐Ÿ˜ž
Thanks in advance!
29 REPLIES 29

randompanda
Explorer
Explorer
You're right lol we should've checked.
We replaced the circuit board and now we have no power at all. no lights . nothing

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Test the ohms to confirm?

randompanda
Explorer
Explorer
In case someone else has this problem I wanted to put the solution. We purchased a 2nd thermistor and now it's running fine, which means the 1st thermistor we bought was faulty.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
And even better when your rig is still at home.

That's always the best luck! Thanks Bob! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Yeah Mitch, I'd have done the same thing.
Hundred bucks, done! Good decision.
And its always nice when you troubleshoot things and figure out the problem correctly.
And even better when your rig is still at home.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, sucks when out on the road Bob.. Kinda between a rock and a hard place there... But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I was lucky, in that my rig was still at home and I was testing out the systems before it's first trip. I had a couple of weeks to do that, so took advantage of it.

Once I figured out it only happened when plugged into 120v regardless of running on LP or electric and I googled that, it all pointed to the board.

I don't know if this is the 'dinosaur' board, but it was my exact model number for the Dometic fridge involved here..

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BURPLEW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My old 2003 Prowler was the same Dometic model and I never had any issues with it.. My 2019 failed the first day! ha, ha...

Anyway, figured it out and didn't dick around with the dealer on it for a lousy $100 and not looking back.

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

MitchF150 wrote:

Anyway, the board only costs $100 give or take and solved my problem..

You were lucky Mitch, I was on the road, on Vancouver Island when my fridge packed it in. The local stealership hosed me $250. for a new Dinosaur board.
Not much I could do, my fridge full of food was getting warm fast.

Similar symptoms to the OP, but my check light finally came on and stayed on. Mine too was an RM2652, same fridge.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah.. I still say the board.. Mine would work fine when on 12v only. Plug into 120v and it would work fine until it needed to cycle. Then, it would shut off and throw the check light.

I have more problems with cooling my fridge when it's HOT outside. I have my fridge in a slide, so it needs an upper vent to expel the heat.. Since heat rises and does not like to go sideways, I have to provide additional fans to push that heat out the side..

Anyway, the board only costs $100 give or take and solved my problem.. And even it does not solve yours.... Well, you have a backup board for when it does fail..

I know, not your cut and dry answer to your problem, but that's all I got for ya.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck! Mitch

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cold temps would NOT shut fridge off...as in loss of power/turning off
Causing 'Check" Light to come on etc

Cold temps will cause lack of cooling due to coolant not flowing

The Light bulb in outside compartment will help with coolant flow but will not fix a circuit board that is acting up
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

randompanda
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the same place I was the last 2 winters and never had this problem. I've had this rv 4 years and even in Colorado in worse cold weather so something broke recently. I'd like to replace the part. Thank everyone for trying ๐Ÿ™‚

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Add a 60 watt light bulb controlled by a thermocube.

For the bulb
power outlet-->multiple outlet adapter-->thermocube-->female screw in light bulb holder-->60 watt light bulb.

for the fridge
power outlet-->multiple outlet adapter-->fridge plu

See the thread under the full time forum for winter camping.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

randompanda
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I figured out the issue more. The fridge is shutting off when it gets below freezing at night. As soon we use the heat gun to warm up the back of the fridge it turns right back on. So something isn't keeping the back of my fridge warm. Does anyone know what part that is? Is it the heating element causing this?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Circuit Board.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31