cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cant get parts shipped from USA to Canada

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
I need an exterior door handle for our Monaco motorhome but apparently they are made in the USA and cannot be shipped to Canada.
I live in Canada near the border but of course the border is closed to non essential travel. Could only find the handle on ebay.
and when i attempt to purchase it states they do not deliver to Ontario. Any other Canadians having issues getting parts delivered?
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins
15 REPLIES 15

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
There are a number of legitimate ways to get items shipped into Canada from the US. The problem is usually more related to finding a cooperative seller that will work with you.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

joegray
Explorer
Explorer
I always specify shipping by USPS. Canada has a remission on taxes if the value is less than $50.
UPS and FEDEX will charge you a brokerage fee . The USPS flat rate box is cheap and you can get a lot of stuff shipped.

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Its just a $50 dollar (approx) handle. Im in touch with an rv parts guy. If he cant get one i will try jb weld and glue it back together.
340 HP Cummins

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Where are you looking for the part, is it available from other resellers? Is it a generic part or is it manufacture specific?

If one online portal does not offer Cda shipping I can always find another that does. Never been beat yet.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
IB853347201 wrote:
Did you contact the seller on Ebay? Often a seller will ship via USPS if you call them and ask.
Have done it many times.

I would try this if this seller has the part ^

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Been getting parts from US all year long.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Did you contact the seller on Ebay? Often a seller will ship via USPS if you call them and ask.
Have done it many times.
2010 Suncruiser

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I should have added that most Monaco's have 2 latches in the door. An upper and a lower. There is a rid that connects them and they need to be adjusted so they work in unison.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Have you gone to one of the Monaco forums to find out who makes that door handle. It is probably trimark. They might ship it to Canada. Amazon.ca also has some. There is a Monaco dealer in Calgary. Unless you have a very old unit any decent Canadian dealer can get you that part. Be prepared to pay dearly.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Post the make and part number. Someone on this side of border maybe able to locate someone who will ship north.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Im going to try a couple more rv places first but failing that its nice to have options...thankyou
340 HP Cummins

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Call the nearest UPS store on the US side to you, they are independent franchises and very one Iโ€™ve ever encountered were super-nice folks, and explain what you want to do..

Usually for a very small fee they will repackage it and send it across the border to you.

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Thankyou for the suggestions i will look into them.....
340 HP Cummins

Downunda
Explorer
Explorer
Join MYUS or one of the other companies that accept deliveries in the USA for you then on-ship to other countries. I've used them a few times from Australia and its not very expensive. Good luck.