cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New trailer

CND_SuperCrew
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience with Grand Design Transcend XPLOR 260RB?
Found a leftover 20

TV 2012 F150 loaded XLT EB SuperCrew 7700GVWR Maxtow 6.5'
TT 2021 Keystone Passport GT 2870RL
14 REPLIES 14

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
The major issue I see with that layout is zero access to any of the storage with the slide in, and no access to anything in the kitchen on the road. If you have somewhere you can open the slide to pack and if you don't do long travel days neither are deal breakers.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

CND_SuperCrew
Explorer
Explorer
So this is another one we are really considering...

Passport GT 2704RKS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
Why would you want a bath at one end and the bed at the other? Will you have blinds over all the windows, or just streak?

I love my rear bath TT. It really opens up the floor plan and makes the trailer seem much more roomy. I would never own another TT without the rear bath.

You can close the window blinds easily. Or, just pull on some clothes in the bathroom. I guess if you like to sleep in the buff (and I sometimes do) it would be more inconvenient then. But, when I do that I just close the window blinds.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
CND SuperCrew wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
Hmm...I count 5 windows.
Maybe just me, but I would prefer not to have the galley in a slide.
Nice big bath.
I wonder how you keep pets in a drawer. Mine wouldnโ€™t like it.

We want a couples trailer with a dinette on the door side to watch over the animals...
Why would anyone want to sit and look out at their neighbors camp site with most couch/dinette slides???

I agree.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
We own a Transcend, and I've found it to be fairly good workmanship so far. Zero defects so far aside from some sealant needed on the roof after a year, which is normal.

The fridge in the slideout is problematic across all of their product lines, so be sure to check the baffle inside the rear of that compartment and make sure it stays in place and rises all the way past the cooling fins. Since there's no roof vent, airflow across the cooling fins has to be induced with a cooling fan.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
nice to have bath close to door so when your outside you don't track all the way through the trailer. but, I'm also one for not having any utilities in a slideout. the kitchen counter looks to be a nice size, wish i had that in mine. i also like the fact that there is no slides on curbside so you can enjoy the awning.
2013 Chevy 2500 CC LTZ D'Max 4x4
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
2017 peterbilt.
Truckin 38 yrs. Car Hauler 25 yrs. Camping my whole life

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
They are my favorite wood constructed trailer, but I've seen several with really poor workmanship.

Grand Design has really done some cool stuff and has influenced the industry in a positive way in my opinion, but their quality is not always that great the last few years.

Pay close attention, especially to leak prone areas, and be proactive about preventive maintenance.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Why would you want a bath at one end and the bed at the other? Will you have blinds over all the windows, or just streak?
You use bathrooms for more than just bathing. Kind of nice that those associated noises and smells are that far from the bedroom. The big bathroom is a major selling point to me.

I don't mind streaking. ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
CND SuperCrew wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
Hmm...I count 5 windows.
Nice big bath.

We want a couples trailer with a dinette on the door side to watch over the animals...
Why would anyone want to sit and look out at their neighbors camp site with most couch/dinette slides???

We spend the majority of our time outside and stay in campgrounds with more privacy than most, so the view from inside really doesnโ€™t matter.
Is the linen closet easily accessible with the head in front of it?
Our bath and bed are at opposite ends and we like it that way.
OK, so is the pet drawer for food and water?
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

CND_SuperCrew
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
Hmm...I count 5 windows.
Nice big bath.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a nice Trailer.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm...I count 5 windows.
Nice big bath.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Only one window, in the bedroom, on the driver's side. No cross ventilation in the living area and could be dark inside. Nice big bathroom.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad