cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Swapping out the Water Pump

ybconway
Explorer
Explorer
It is working but the pressure could be better and its very noisy. This is in our 2018 Forest River and the pump is under the shower pan. I'll have to pull the toilet to get at it. Just wondering if anyone has done this and can it be changed without pulling the shower apart.
10 REPLIES 10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
YB, that s ucks. Hopefully someone with the same camper has some pointers.
That would really hack me off. No good reason for that, and it doesnโ€™t make sense as the black and gray tanks is generally right under the toilet and shower.
Be sure youโ€™re looking at it right.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
If you increase the pump size/pumping pressure, make sure your 12 volt system can handle the increased amp draw. Can't remember brand name or generic name of current regulator device that may be needed.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Our motor home has an outside service panel to the fridge which is also a vent for the fridge. You can see it in this picture, located above the rear tire. I believe every motor home has a similar vent for their 2-way or 3-way absorption fridge. If the water pump was behind the fridge, wouldn't it be susceptible to freezing?

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
ron.dittmer wrote:
Under the shower pan?
Behind the toilet?
Behind the fridge?
What were those manufactures thinking?
Apparently not thinking.

And that's how deep the shops and dealers charge replacing the pump.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
ron.dittmer wrote:
Under the shower pan?
Behind the toilet?
Behind the fridge?
Apparently not thinking.

If you look real close, on the last page of the owners manual, it states "assembled by disgruntled employees" . :E

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
One of the things I liked about my old Gulfstream, even though the build quality was not top notch, was the ease of servicing things like the water pump. Mine was inside a compartment, just screwed to the floor under the water tank. It could be changed in less than five minutes. In fact, as part of my winterization process I just removed the pump and put it in my garage.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Under the shower pan?
Behind the toilet?
Behind the fridge?
Apparently not thinking.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for a front panel to remove for access to the pump under the shower.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, some pumps are terrible to change. On my Nash 26X you have to pull the refrigerator to get to it as confirmed by the factory.

If you go to the trouble of changing, look at doing these items to it.

1. On the hoses coming and going to the pump, go to HD and buy some of the gray foam pipe insulation to keep the pipes / tubing from bumping into things when the pump is turned on and off.

2. Place some rubber or rubber washers under between the pump and the floor. It will stop some of the pump vibration transmitting into the wood floor.

3. Install a small accumulator tank usually available for $35 to $40.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
YB,

Get to the Forest River owners group. Potable pumps are a common service item so I doubt that it is that difficult to get out and replace. I do not personally know about your unit.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.