cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Up grading my Class C

Vic65
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old. I would like to get another class C in the 50,000.00 area. Any suggestions on a newer Rv. Thank in advance. Vic
13 REPLIES 13

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing. Sold our well loved no issues that I knew of with some rear body damage that I waterproofed. It was a 2003 Itasca Spirit 22e with 55000 miles. I had used eternabond on all the roof seams and around all the light openings and the tape was still in good shape 10 years later. Our reasoning was getting a larger unit with more sleeping space. We love to take our grandkids and their parents with us. We did find a 2018 former rental with just over 50000 miles in your price range. Bought it in late March listed near us on RV Trader. Itโ€™s a 25b and I donโ€™t see any decline in coach quality. Nice hardwood cabinet fronts same stove, toilet quality, a bit nicer faucets than ours had and had replaced. Bigger tv of course and a rear bed with space for another tv. I plan to keep this one at least another decade. Maybe we were just really lucky.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
Vic65 wrote:
Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old.

Old?

My C is a 1995 with nearly 200,000 on it. The house is the weak part of these things, the chassis is a well-proven unit designed to go 500,000 miles or more.

Old?

My C is a 1980 with nearly 30,000 miles on it (I know, it was parked for 20 years straight). I am just about done replacing the entire interior (reupholster, new appliances, upgraded electronics, etc). The chassis is solid as can be, 42 years after manufacture.
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stick with what you have. It's not old and that drivetrain will go 300K miles, easily. Buying a used vehicle can be buying someone else headache. You know what you have, stick with it.
If you need to upgrade some things in the house like furniture, appliances etc, you will be waaaay ahead with what you have.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could look into the RENTAL MARKET there you will find something newer and in your budget range,well maintained and solid.

More than 135 members here have made that choice and are happy with it.

It is a long thread but very informative and if you have any other questions that wasn't covered just ask and you will get an answer.

Good Luck in your search.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
I still have my 02 Minnie, going strong, keep up the maintenance and repair, as you already know. Like others have said newer or newer used may not be any better, still have to maintain it.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
PartyOf Five wrote:
If you intend to keep traveling inn it, the best options is to stick with what you have and you know. Don't think it has to stay static either- make it match your needs (flooring, layout, amenities, etc) and your years of excellent maintenance will be with your for years to come. Our 2000 is reaching 100k and we're trying to find ways to use it all year round.

This.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
If you intend to keep traveling inn it, the best options is to stick with what you have and you know. Don't think it has to stay static either- make it match your needs (flooring, layout, amenities, etc) and your years of excellent maintenance will be with your for years to come. Our 2000 is reaching 100k and we're trying to find ways to use it all year round.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vic65 wrote:
Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old. I would like to get another class C in the 50,000.00 area. Any suggestions on a newer Rv. Thank in advance. Vic

Your choice sounds easy to me ... look for a 2006-2007 Minnie Winnie Class C in good shape! Those years are close enough to your 2002 such that you're likely to get the same quality -> before the post 2008 decline in quality that some folks talk about. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We love our 2005 Itasca (Winnebago) Class C. I read the RV forums a lot and study Class C specifications and features of many models ... and so far I only very rarely come across newer Class C models from various manufacturers that come close to or exceed what we wound up with in our Class C.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
far better to refurbish the "house".
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love this rig however its getting old

You never know what your getting into buying a new rv never mind a used one. If your above statement is really true, then you might want to consider sinking some money into what you have to tweak it up to par, both the chassis as well as the living quarters.
Yes, it will be thousands of dollars but you already know what you have and you will know even better...what you will have. ๐Ÿ™‚

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on what Jax said! Both the Ford and GM Class C chassis are well-proven medium-duty truck builds that if you follow the suggested maintenance will far outlast the coachwork. If you've been taking care of it such as making sure window frame screws are tight and replacing the butyl tape around them and the body trim every 10 years or so, no need to upgrade (unless there is another floorplan you lust after!).

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vic65 wrote:
Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old.

Old?

My C is a 1995 with nearly 200,000 on it. The house is the weak part of these things, the chassis is a well-proven unit designed to go 500,000 miles or more.

jmattor
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2002 Forest River Sunseeker LE 31โ€™
It has 10,000 miles.
It was a temp home while a house was built. Runs great, doing some remodeling right now.
It should turn out well.