Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 95 Bounder 35() looking for list of bulbs
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> 95 Bounder 35() looking for list of bulbs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/20 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a recently acquired 95 Bounder 35(?). I’m trying to get all of the clearance lights and front blinker sets all working. I’m reasonably certain that I’m just dealing with burnt out bulbs, and nothing more. If this were a car, I’d just open the manual and find the light number and head to the local auto parts store and get the right bulb, but this isn’t a car and the manual package I got from the previous owner has no such listing in the manuals.

Does anyone have any quick reference material, maybe a cheat sheet or an info card, that has a listing of bulb numbers?

Thanks,

Jerome

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/20 10:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All the markers use the same bulb,
Just find one out of the dozen, that still has a number on it, if there is no sign of any heat damage to any of the marker lights, then the right bulb is in there

I pulled a bulb from my 97 Bounder 36S

Hard time reading it, but it looks like GE 193

Looking that up on Google, 4.62watts 14v marker bulb

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/20 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your 95 Bounder 35(?) is actually a 35U. Unique design. Opera windows, "L" couch and 60 gallon water tank in the very rear compartment. Exhibit caution when loading. Running with the water tank full (500 lbs.) will over load the 11,000 lb. rear axle.

I suggest you use the 193 bulb for your marker/clearance lights.
193 draws 0.33 amps and the 194 bulb draws 0.56 amps. No need to generate excess heat on all that plastic.

Also, you interior lights are 1141 & 1142, depending on weather they are single or dual contact on the base. Do not replace those 1141 bulbs with 1156 bulbs or you will melt plastic. Same with the 1142, stay with the same part #. There are a few of us Bounder owners that have learn the hard way. GRIN

Better yet, think LEDs

Richard

* This post was edited 10/07/20 10:19am by RLS7201 *

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/20 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

All the markers use the same bulb,
Just find one out of the dozen, that still has a number on it, if there is no sign of any heat damage to any of the marker lights, then the right bulb is in there

I pulled a bulb from my 97 Bounder 36S

Hard time reading it, but it looks like GE 193

Looking that up on Google, 4.62watts 14v marker bulb

Many thanks. I read a thread that suggested using the dielectric grease when putting them in. Any opinions on that?

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/20 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

Your 95 Bounder 35(?) is actually a 35U. Unique design. Opera windows, "L" couch and 60 gallon water tank in the very rear compartment. Exhibit caution when loading. Running with the water tank full (500 lbs.) will over load the 11,000 lb. rear axle.

I suggest you use the 193 bulb for your marker/clearance lights.
193 draws 0.33 amps and the 194 bulb draws 0.56 amps. No need to generate excess heat on all that plastic.

Also, you interior lights are 1141 & 1142, depending on weather they are single or dual contact on the base. Do not replace those 1141 bulbs with 1156 bulbs or you will melt plastic. Same with the 1142, stay with the same part #. There are a few of us Bounder owners that have learn the hard way. GRIN

Better yet, think LEDs

Richard

Richard,

You'll have to see my post on the toilet thread, but I think mine is the 34'6" unit (based on looking up units on NADA) even through the state and my insurance say it is a 35 based on VIN. My interior isn't like the one in the video you showed but that is a cool interior for a pre-slideout RV.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback on the lights. Makes it a bit easier for me to just pop out and pick up what is needed and get down to work. Previous owner started to swap out the interior incandescent bulbs with LEDs that were a direct fit. Gave me a whole Ziplock bag full of incandescent bulbs he had pulled as spares. But how often do those LED direct fit bulbs really fail?

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/20 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

I drew this out really quickly. Probably should have done this before. This is the interior layout of my Bounder.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/20 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the bulbs are OK start on the grounds.

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jeromep wrote:

RLS7201 wrote:

I drew this out really quickly. Probably should have done this before. This is the interior layout of my Bounder.

That looks exactly like my 32H which is 32'11.5" long.
Fleetwood built those coaches almost a foot longer than the model # would lead you to believe. So if your coach is about 35' long then it would probably be a "34P" or "34J". One of them being a side isle and and the other like yours.
At time of manufacture Fleetwood put a sticker outside, under the drivers window with some info, including model letter. The Fleetwood identification number (FIN) is also on that sticker.
Inside to the left of the drivers seat are some stickers with tire size, axle capacity and recommended tire pressure.
Inside the clothes closet door should be a 8" X 11" form with model number and letter, and a bunch of other good info.

Richard

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/20 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

Fleetwood built those coaches almost a foot longer than the model # would lead you to believe. So if your coach is about 35' long then it would probably be a "34P" or "34J". One of them being a side isle and and the other like yours.
At time of manufacture Fleetwood put a sticker outside, under the drivers window with some info, including model letter. The Fleetwood identification number (FIN) is also on that sticker.
Inside to the left of the drivers seat are some stickers with tire size, axle capacity and recommended tire pressure.
Inside the clothes closet door should be a 8" X 11" form with model number and letter, and a bunch of other good info.

Richard

Funny, almost all the photos I took of it when I got it to share with friends and family are taken from the passenger side. I haven't done much on the driver's side. I haven't noticed a model number/letter mark under the drivers window. I'll look more closely. The previous owner installed a Bank's kit on it and so those stickers kind of stick out like a sore thumb.

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/20 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

Richard

I feel like a total doofus now. I found the label on the driver's side exterior. Clear and in good condition, too. And it is a J model. So, it is a 34J.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> 95 Bounder 35() looking for list of bulbs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.