cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Soundbar, speakers, or large portable for trailer?

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advice on what type of speakers to buy for a toyhauler to mostly listen to music and sometimes watch movies.

The Ultimate Ears Hyperboom looks awesome. Has an optical outlet to hook to the TV. Can take it outside while camping. But the best part is people say the sound quality is great. Negative is its 400 bucks. I dont really need the portability. So i started looking at soundbars with subwoofer.

While watching videos of soundbars a lot of people said its not the best choice for listening to music. But then i wonder if the shape of a trailer being such an exact box could benefit from the sideways and upward facing speakers of a soundbar? If you throw on some floyd maybe the helicopters fly over your head!!! Speaking of that i was given a tv with a 2018 sticker. I doubt it has the ability to benefit from the 5 ch or 9 ch soundbars with the 3d sound. Also streaming music from my phone so isnt the quality only so good to begin with? I dont think there will be any helicopters overhead.

To fine tune the advice this trailer doesnt move much. Consider it more of a long term parked trailer.

Heres the Hyperboom. Thanks
https://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/wireless-speakers/hyperboom.html
9 REPLIES 9

cleo43
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the sound of UE to Sonos/Bose.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not good w sonos at all but I can make it work. The beam is compatible with their other speakers, which their earlier soundbars did not and it's much cheaper than the older ones. I presume Sonos products lack flexibility so you are locked into the brand if you want subs, and other speakers to expand your system. However they are good products, well worth the money, but not for the fussiest audiophile.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
This setup might match well with an RV because its small and easily wall mountable. Watched a video and the guy said it was just on sale at costco for $350. I would pull the trigger on that now if the sale was still going.

I dont think the soundbar is a good option anymore. One huge issue for me is the fancy new soundbars like sonos arc doesnt have bluetooth.

https://www.costco.com/klipsch-reference-theater-pack-5.1-channel-surround-sound-system.product.1004...

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
cptqueeg wrote:
Sonos Beam - $400
How good are you with them? Would love to rock sonos....bauff. In fact one holiday it was 9 hundred and 99 dollars...cough cough shrimp and chocolate.

If that didnt make sense its ok, i dont blame ya.

Can the Sonos Beam match up nicely with a different brand wireless sub? Their gen 3 sub is 700 bucks.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sonos Beam - $400
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
You get what you pay for.
Seems like the soundbars all land into price brackets.

Under $200: Visio, yamaha, polk, amazon stuff
$250: options like the Sony HT-S350, Samsung HW lineup
$500: JBL 5.1, Other Saumsung and Sony options
$750: Nakamichi and Sonos
$1000+: Many top brands have the high end $1500 kits.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
You get what you pay for. I have a Polk Audio sound bar with wireless sub integrated into our entertainment center. Digital optical link from the TV to the sound bar means that anything that runs through the TV (satellite receiver, DVD player, etc.), is heard via the Polk Audio system. The sound bar is also Bluetooth capable, so we can stream music from any Bluetooth device if we don't want to turn on the TV to play music from the USB drive in the smart TV. Being a musician, I'm hard to please - and this is about as good as it gets in an RV.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are camping alone in the desert, maybe you need a speaker that can blast music into the stratosphere. If you camp in a campground 30 feet from others, you need a small directional speaker. Look at the Bose soundlink color II for your portable needs and the Bose Solo 5 TV sound system for in the trailer. These can both play music via bluetooth.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Yamaha soundbar from Costco in our trailer mostly because it fit the opening really well. It does not have a subwoofer so the base is just adequate. Inputs for DVD, Ipod and TV plus an optical out, accepts bluetooth from phones which we don't do. We like the front facing manual controls and not having to rely on the remote. Perfectly fine for our trailer needs. I can crank the Klipschorns when I get home.

Good to know there are some Pink Floyd fans on the forum. They have been my favorite group since '67. Saw them live performing the "Pulse" show.