cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camco wave 3 heater QUESTION

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
seen at a garage sale a camco wave 3 heater my question is are these the ones safe to use inside a rv? SMALL CLASS c NEW IN THE BOX.
8 REPLIES 8

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
seen at a garage sale a camco wave 3 heater my question is are these the ones safe to use inside a rv? SMALL CLASS c NEW IN THE BOX.

We have one in both our class c and our 5โ€™er. We only use them when temperatures are not expected to get and remain below freezing. If the temps get and stay quite cool, we need the forced-air to heat basement tanks and water system.

We added two (2) additional CO monitors, for security reasons. You must keep adequate ventilation in the camper to keep the monitors from going off. In summary they do help keep the rv warm, but, I highly recommend taking precautions by having additional Co monitors. I suggest at least two (2), as one may fail....not likely that two (2) will fail! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I won't use an unvented combustion heater.

If you insist on having one, definitely ventilate and do not use when sleeping.

There are many vented combustion heaters that use no electricity and are safe to use.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Safe if you follow directions and crack open a couple of windows a bit; they do use up oxygen over time which must be replenished, but as long as they get proper oxygen they produce considerably less carbon monoxide than other non-vented, open-flame heaters.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We too use a Mr Heater Big Buddy for affordability over the Wave, but it's the same concept. Only uses propane and no electricity.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just finished using one for two weeks while out moose hunting in camper on the back of a Nodwell with the temps in the 40s. We turned it off a couple of nights because it go to warm. It was a 16' camper.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
3000 btuโ€™s is not a lot of heat. It would take the chill out of the air once you have had it on for an hour or so. You would have keep a vent cracked open to ventilate. You have to mount it so you dont burn anything above it. I prefer a portable Mr Heater from 4000-9000 btuโ€™s. I like the option to move it around as needed.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Others donโ€™t believe they are safe when you are sleeping. Plus they donโ€™t keep the tanks warm.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's what they are made for. But, they only heat small areas.