cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remco to discontinue it's vehicle towing kits

Y-Guy
This announcement was shared in another thread, but I wanted to share it for everyone on this forum. Remco Towing Store

Dear Remco Industries Towing Customer:

After careful consideration, Remco Industries has decided to discontinue the manufacture and sales of its vehicle towing kits (remcotowing.com), as of October 1, 2020.

The standard warranty terms will be honored for all units shipped prior to October 1, 2020. Orders in place and active prior to the announcement date will be honored according to the terms of that order, regarding product availability, warranty or support terms.

The discontinuance of this product line is in keeping with our practice of rationalizing low demand products and replacing them with new products with improved design and functionality.

We appreciate and value your partnership. While we regret any inconvenience this announcement may cause, we are pleased to announce that we continue to research and develop new and alternate products that provide complimentary additions to our current product offering.

We sincerely appreciate the confidence and loyalty you have shown us over the years, and we look forward to working together in the future.

Please feel free to contact your Remco Industries sales representative if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Remco Industries

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
3 REPLIES 3

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
For the last several years REMCO hasn't manufactured anything besides maybe some trans pumps. They sell the different brands as well as offered a great amount of information. I will miss that.
Glenn in TN
2008 Ford F150 King Ranch
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32
2017 Mini Cooper (future toad)

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect the wider use of CVT's that can't use an add-on transmission lube pump for four down towing has been a significant factor in their reduced sales volume for that line. Fortunately for them, Remco has been expanding their pump line into other markets over the past several years, including RV water and macerator pumps along with a line of agricultural and industrial pumps.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I have a REMCO LP-1 unit around here somewhere. Perhaps I should hang on to it; it may have antique or vintage value soon!

I am reminded of the WARN hub kit for Jeep AMC 20 rear axles. It is,I have heard, no longer available. If the manufacturer no longer has high demand for something, they will quit making it. If you sell one or two a year, you can't afford to keep on!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"