cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing Air Line from air bags

Gary_
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Harney Coach Works 37 foot Riata and my son is trying to replace the two rear airbags. They are Firestone Air Ride. He has gotten to the point of trying to remove the air hose and is not quite sure weather it is a squeeze and pull type or it has to be unscrewed. It is about a 3/4 inch hard red hose and kind of looks like a PEX hose. It is hard and I don't think it is a squeeze type. Just about 1/4 inch above where it enters the fixture that goes into the air bag there is some kind of black covering over it. It seems like if we tried to unscrew that fitting the hose goes into it would cause the hose to coil up as we unscrewed it?? Any and all help appreciated. Gary
4 REPLIES 4

dedmiston
Gary. wrote:
I just thought about adding how he got it off as it may help someone else. The black covering that was 1/4 inch above the fitting it went into was able to be pushed down towards the fitting and then the hose was able to be pulled out of the fitting. Thanks Gary

Nice. Thanks for coming back to report your solution.

Happy trails.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Gary_
Explorer
Explorer
I just thought about adding how he got it off as it may help someone else. The black covering that was 1/4 inch above the fitting it went into was able to be pushed down towards the fitting and then the hose was able to be pulled out of the fitting. Thanks Gary

Gary_
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much Shastagary, after watching that my son got it off easily. Thanks again. Gary

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer