cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Typical AGM warranty

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
What is the typical warranty length for AGM batteries. I need to replace my house batteries and want to go with AGM because they are maintenance free. My battery compartment is very difficult to work in and I probably caused my own problems by over filling the batteries because I could not clearly see what I was doing. I have an appointment at CW to replace the batteries, but the new ones only have a one year warranty. Seems like I should be able to get a longer warranty.

Also, I have searched on here and saw a post about a possible problem with converters causing a problem with AGM's by charging them too quickly. How can I tell if I will have a problem with that?
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS
6 REPLIES 6

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Duracell 6 volt GC battery cost $179 each at Sam's club.

They have an 18 month free replacement warranty.

I just put two in several months ago.

I noticed you have a 2020 Georgetown. Doesn't your RV warranty cover your batteries?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
I had a set of LifeLines go 10 years and the only reason I changed them out was because of a little leakage around a couple of posts. I reinstalled LifeLines

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
If you can handle the price LiFePO4 such as Battle Born are the way to go. But they are $900 each!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I'll be going from AGM to SiO2 next summer. Google Sio2 battery and your country

i.e. for me SiO2 battery Canada
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
AGM is a Maintenance Free battery with the added advantage of you can install other than "This side up" Warranties are typical of Maintenance free.

Only other advantage to AGM is very very very low gassing and it's easier to find true DEEP CYCLE..
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
In my experience 1 year is pretty typical. Concord Lifeline AGM batteries have a 5 year warranty which is unusual.
I don't think you can charge an AGM too quickly. They have a lower internal resistance then flooded batteries which allows to accept a charge faster. The problem is that their target charge and float voltage is often a little lower than flooded batteries. Also, they don't tolerate being overcharged very well; once you "boil" them there's no way to put the water back.