Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1992 Falcon Chevy Chassis

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
Have a friend who just bought a 1992 Falcon Class B on a Chevy chassis. She can't find any owner's manual, might someone out there know how to get one?

Thanks,
Chuck 2003 PleasureWay Excel TS
Chuck G
9 REPLIES 9

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
A water heater in a 1992 Falcon camper van, Class B. I explained earlier, should have repeated it. It's LP only, not electric. Can't get any gas to flow.
Chuck G

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck Goodwin wrote:
Thanks, here is the photo (I think it's an old Suburban DSI type, am I right?)
Glad you were able to post the photo but I have no idea what it is. It does appear to be way past its prime though. ๐Ÿ˜ž
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, here is the photo (I think it's an old Suburban DSI type, am I right?):
Anyone recognize it from around 1992?
I have read elsewhere that the solonoids often go bad, especially the one closest to the tank. Either drippage onto it from the TPR valve or temp cycling does it. They said to remove the leads and measure resistance, should be around 40ohms. Solonoids, maybe, could be replaced by a tech, or more likely the whole valve. Probably would be be better replacing the whole heater, given its appearance, if we can't get it working.
Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck G

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck Goodwin wrote:
I have a photo of the water heater box (lots of rust) and would post it if I can figure out how.
Chuck
Go to this link and upload your photo to it. Then copy the photo link you get from that website into your post using the photo icon at the top of the posting window (see below).
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck Goodwin wrote:
Hi,
Have a friend who just bought a 1992 Falcon Class B on a Chevy chassis. She can't find any owner's manual, might someone out there know how to get one?

Thanks,
Chuck 2003 PleasureWay Excel TS

At the moment we are trying to get the water heater and the furnace working. Neither show any signs of life. Furnace fan won't run. Checked fuses, water in heater, LP ok (lit stove burners), battery charged etc. She has the wrong owner's manual for the water heater. Am suspecting the switches are bad and/or solenoid valves. Any suggestions?
I have a photo of the water heater box (lots of rust) and would post it if I can figure out how.
Chuck
Chuck G

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis... How do you know how old she is??? 8-)
john 'I am Canadian'

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about the complete RV's owner manuals, but she can easily get the chassis manual. Just go to any Chevy dealer's parts dept and have them look up the manual number for her specific chassis model. With that, commercial manual houses like faxon or the motorbookstore should have original or copies for sale of the GM shop manuals.

I was able to get a compete set of original GM shop manuals with all supplements on a CD and they threw in a copy of the original chassis cab owners manual from an online manual house, and, since mine is a Winnebago product, they have all their owner manuals available.

May have to go on a prolong hunt until one pops up.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
At 28-29 years old, she will need help to determine if the chassis, engine etc and living area appliances are working correctly. Check tire manufacture dates too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I am unfamiliar with your rig ...but in most rigs the "manual" isn't worth squat and in older rig probably even less so. The chassis stuff you may have to rely on "chevy" and the interior stuff is going to have to come from manuals from the individual mfg (microwave, water heater, etc). How everything is connected and where the wires run etc is something your your going to have to investigate on your own.
Kevin