cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sewer hose?

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm reinstalling the sewer hose storage on the Lance, which is just a 4" PVC tube with a hatch on the end. I used to carry 2-10' sections of hose in the TT bumper...most of the time 10' would do it but every once in a while you couldn't get close enough to the dump drain...

I tried to get a 10' section into the storage tube and only half of it would fit...do you guys only carry a 5' dump hose? seems awfully short. Is there a brand of hose where a 10' section collapses to a shorter length? Or are there other places to store the hose?
14 REPLIES 14

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same for my truck camper.

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
I used a hollow square plastic fence post and cut to fit width of MH. Strapped it to the gas tank supports with long metal screw straps. If I remember correctly it is 5 inches square and allows me to keep fittings on both ends of sewer hose and store a section of gutter for a slope ramp. End caps secured with short bungee cords.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Supercharged111
Explorer
Explorer
My problem with the **** hose is that the end doesn't even fit into the compartment so I keep it in a non-**** oriented compartment.
2007 Lance 1131
1997 GMC K3500 crew cab supercharged dually

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Macerator pumps are costly, short lived and high maintenance items.
Sewer solution does the same job without moving parts - using city water pressure.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
In the bumper of my Lance 1055 I can fit 20" of stinky slinky.

Have you considered a macerator pump and garden hose set up? that should fit about anywhere.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, thought he was mounting one somewhere. Didnt know it was in a compartment.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
I'm reinstalling the sewer hose storage on the Lance, which is just a 4" PVC tube with a hatch on the end. I used to carry 2-10' sections of hose in the TT bumper...most of the time 10' would do it but every once in a while you couldn't get close enough to the dump drain...

I tried to get a 10' section into the storage tube and only half of it would fit...do you guys only carry a 5' dump hose? seems awfully short. Is there a brand of hose where a 10' section collapses to a shorter length? Or are there other places to store the hose?

every sewer hose I have seen will collapse to about 3'. better get a flashlight out.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Rhino Hose collapses, two fit in the standard RV rear bumper.

If the pipe goes the with of the camper ( most do) and your only getting 5 foot of waste hose in, something is wrong. Is it binding up or is something else in there? How did you mount it? Is it hitting a screw?

Lance truck camper compartment is in the rear and only about 20" deep. I have the same itty bitty compartment on mine so know what the author is talking about.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I gave up storing a dump hose in a compartment years ago. The designated one was a rear bumper compartment that totally sealed. It was a tight fit and it made no sense to me to put a wet hose into a sealed compartment. On top of that the hose could never really be totally cleaned so it would stink when sealed up.

Instead I put an eye hook on each side of the camper under the bumper and behind the step. I use cord with snap fasteners to suspend the hose under the camper exposed to the air. The same hose has survived in that position for 10 years and 100K miles. Since the hose collapsed into a relatively small length, I would think I could fit two 10' hoses. If not I would just use a couple more eye hooks and another cord.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
If the pipe goes the with of the camper ( most do) and your only getting 5 foot of waste hose in, something is wrong. Is it binding up or is something else in there? How did you mount it? Is it hitting a screw?
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Rhino Hose collapses, two fit in the standard RV rear bumper.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the Valterra 15 ft one. Itโ€™s heavy duty and collapses and stays collapsed.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
I use to carry an 5' hose which just squeezed into the compartment. Then I looked and noticed there was just enough room to mount a sewer hose carrier across the back of the camper. Now I can carry a single 10' hose which has worked every place I've stopped. Occasionally we stretch it real tight so my wife has to hold the one end in the dump while I pull the valves, but otherwise no issues.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
20' of my "stinky slinky" collapse to about 3 ft for storage
I still carry "sewer solution" as my favorite way for hookup.