Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to give a big shout out to Good Sam's Financing Center

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
New 2021 3010DS SunSeeker

I applied for financing online yesterday at 10:55 AM eastern time. At 3:00pm eastern time they ask for additional info (2 pay stubs and last years W2) and I sent them in at 6:07 eastern time. Today at 5:31 we are totally approved for full-timers rate 3.95 APR

I special ordered the rv on 8-8-2020 so total time looks to be around 2 months and a week as the factory expects it to arrive around the 15th of October. It's built and they are painting it (full body) hence the 3/4 week timeline for paint

I put this here because its a Class C but also to give people hope that maybe they don't have to wait 4/5 months for everything to happen. If a moderator needs to move this that is fine i just could not see a place that was specific for Financing.

Jimbo (back on the road again very soon)
6 REPLIES 6

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on the new rig! We factory ordered our Terry TT back in 2007 and what the dealer told me was that the factory builds one model at a time in rotation. So they set the line up to produce x# of model A, then adjust what they need to and produce x# of Model B, and so on. We ordered in September and didn't get the trailer until mid-December because we had just missed the rotation for our model and had to wait for it to come around again.

It doesn't sound very efficient and probably why Fleetwood went out of business in 2008. Not sure if any factories still (or ever did) operate like this....I'm in banking, not manufacturing. 🙂

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
great ,hope everything falls right in line.

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
I,d bet a beer it ain,t done in 3/4 weeks. hope your right,an enjoy your new toy.

I'll take that bet and here is why. On 8-8 the day the dealership faxed my order into the factory I was also in contact with the factory. Was told: If you get your order in by 8-20 we can start to build it sometime in October. Yet on 9-17 my motorhome was DONE being built and in line to be painted (full body).
So far the holdups seem to be Dometic refrigerators coming slowly from the factory BUT i have a 10.7 12 ONLY residential frig not built by them so I avoided that slowdown.
Remember, at least with Forest River - can't speak for anyone else all retail orders go to the head of the line. So based upon what I know as of 9-23-20 it will not be anywhere near 3/4 months but more like 2 months and 1 week. Also only 400 miles from the factory so delivery would only be 1 day.

But if it comes in December I am fine with that too as I honestly thought it would be that timeframe from what I was told on 8-8-20. What model you order (bunkbed models take the longest as there is a tremendous demand for them.) what dealership you used to order, distance from factory, etc all play into the timeframe.

Jimbo

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d bet a beer it ain,t done in 3/4 weeks. hope your right,an enjoy your new toy.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you Jimbo, Always like to hear when someone is happy about the process. I was happy once but my wife won't let me talk about it. 😉

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad