Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winterizing

jim_hilburn
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I'm a newby.
We just moved up from a 23" BT Cruiser with issues to a 2006 Winnebago Aspect 23'that's in a lot better condition. When winterizing the BT it had a normal city water connection and I'd push in the spring loaded valve and usually get a pink shirt.
The Winnie has an angled brass fitting with a valve for either city water or fresh tank fill. How do I insure that antifreeze has gotten to that line? Does turning the city valve to tank fill open it to let the pump get antifreeze to it?
4 REPLIES 4

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
jim hilburn wrote:
Hi. I'm a newby. ?
Welcome to the RV.net world. Since you already solved your problem this is a mute point but many make the same mistake. This forum (Class B - Camping Van Conversions) says it all. If the chassis of an RV didn't come off the assembly line as a van, it is not a Class B. Your RV with a truck cab and the RV coach part built behind it is a Class C.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

jim_hilburn
Explorer
Explorer
sorry if you feel I posted in the wrong place. My understanding is RV's with no bed over the cab are considered B's or B+ at least. Am I wrong?

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe nobody knows what you are talking about or maybe people who own Class B's don't want to go guessing at how a Class C might work?

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

jim_hilburn
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently no one knows what I'm talking about but I solved my own problem. The previous owner had installed the brass 90 and it was simply screwed on a standard city fill. I just wasn't that observant to begin with and thought it was something Winnebago did.