Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip Report - September Long

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
This forum is so dead.

I miss the trip reports from the other forums when I had different RV's. Here is my last trip with my van on the September long weekend.

Why you need to be prepared!

September Long Trip Report
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
11 REPLIES 11

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
pasusan wrote:
^ My goodness - those freeze dried meals are expensive - looks like around 9 bucks per 1 person meal. For hubby and I that would be an 18 dollar meal.

I do get those hash browns - you pour hot water into the box and wait for 20 minutes for the potatoes to get soft - then you fry them up. Frozen is way easier, but with limited freezer space...

Yup. Although I find a package is almost too much for one person. My wife and I were out picking berries and stopped for lunch and grabbed one. It was perfect for the both of us.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
^ My goodness - those freeze dried meals are expensive - looks like around 9 bucks per 1 person meal. For hubby and I that would be an 18 dollar meal.

I do get those hash browns - you pour hot water into the box and wait for 20 minutes for the potatoes to get soft - then you fry them up. Frozen is way easier, but with limited freezer space...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
pasusan wrote:
This forum is dead - thanks for posting!

You got lucky to take pictures of the new snow - very nice.

I'd be interested to hear about your freeze dried dinner packets - like brand, where you get them, etc. Keeping the pantry stocked is a great idea.

Oh - and thanks IAMICHABOD for fixing the link...

I have used all the brands out there. My favorite right now is Happy Yak (made in Canada) followed by Wise and Mountain House. I have used Mountain House for YEARS and they may not be a gourmet brand but they are not horrible either. Locally a couple of the outside stores sell them or if you need a quantityy you can order on-line.

On another site, someone mentioned a brand of Freeze-Dried Hashbrowns that Costco sells that are suppose to be AMAZING!!! I need to get a box of them.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
J herb wrote:
Mike,
Thanks for the Video! I enjoyed the photos and seeing your van,
we have a regular top GMC Savana van that I built out and we use it for short trips 1 to 2 days and for longer trips we tow our 17' Casita trailer with it.

I have thought of a trailer. A Casita, Escape, or Bigfoot would be my choice in the 18 - 20 foot size.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
The link should be fixed. it worked on my end of things but not when I signed out of Youtube.

Thanks for fixing it!!
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Mike,
Thanks for the Video! I enjoyed the photos and seeing your van,
we have a regular top GMC Savana van that I built out and we use it for short trips 1 to 2 days and for longer trips we tow our 17' Casita trailer with it.
J herb

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
This forum is dead - thanks for posting!

You got lucky to take pictures of the new snow - very nice.

I'd be interested to hear about your freeze dried dinner packets - like brand, where you get them, etc. Keeping the pantry stocked is a great idea.

Oh - and thanks IAMICHABOD for fixing the link...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Shearwater
Explorer
Explorer
Turkey vultures are not blue.
Advanced RV Sprinter

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
K Charles wrote:
That link doesn't work

Try This
https://youtu.be/Uy3Zt78dXIc