Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
13 REPLIES 13

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
Ah, okay I didn't know that the California show was the only one that RVIA organized. So just a local issue for California.

Yes. And, anyone nationwide who attended.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œThe RV Industry Association will continue to focus its energy and resources on enhancing member value through its signature programs including standards and self-regulation; government affairs and advocacy; market research and data; education and training, as well as new market growth through leadership of the Go RVing program,โ€ 

Above is perhaps the largest pile of BS spewed in recent history. Standards and self regulation? Going by the amount of shoddily assembled junk that is pushed out of the Midwest factories the above is a rich statement. The RVIA seal of compliance is a total joke. The government advocacy is 100% geared to preventing lemon laws that apply to RV's. No shortage of suckers buying these things however, especially now days.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ah, okay I didn't know that the California show was the only one that RVIA organized. So just a local issue for California.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

There will still be RV shows everywhere. Itโ€™s just that the RVIA is not hosting them or going to be involved! Not that it matters because none of the manuf seem to follow RVIA standards.

Exactly: the California show was the only RV show that the RVIA itself organized, and they're stopping doing that. Other shows are organized by other groups (dealer organizations, for instance) and are not affected in the least by the RVIA's decision.

RVIA isn't a standards body, so there are no RVIA standards for manufacturers to follow. The RVIA seal itself just states that the manufacturer certifies that the RV adheres to various standards formulated by various standard bodies, such as the NFPA (which maintains the NEC). These standards are legal requirements in most cases, anyhow, for the RV to be registered by the DOT or used in a campground, so it's not as though the manufacturer has much of a choice in the matter.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Right out of the article!

โ€œAfter thorough discussion and analysis, the task force reached a unanimous decision that the market had changed and that the show does not provide the necessary value for individual members and recommended the RV Industry Association no longer host the event moving forward.โ€

There will still be RV shows everywhere. Itโ€™s just that the RVIA is not hosting them or going to be involved! Not that it matters because none of the manuf seem to follow RVIA standards.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I dunno, I mean the headline kind of says it all: "RVIA Board Permanently Cancels California RV Show".

True. That is what the HEADLINE says. The article does not state that.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, since I didn't see anywhere in the article that mentioned any place other than California.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
I dunno, I mean the headline kind of says it all: "RVIA Board Permanently Cancels California RV Show".

True. That is what the HEADLINE says. The article does not state that.
Bobbo and Lin

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Years ago I was on a committee to decide what happened to organization property in the event the organization folded. Our decision was: That could not be decided till it happened because any plan we put out could be changed at any time after we put it out.

This is like that in that the decision can be reversed once COVID-19 like COVID-2. is out of mind.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe they are just tired of holding the hands of the cry baby dealers to put this thing together for zero financial benefit. I don't blame them, the need has passed.
Puma 30RKSS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I read it differently. I read it that they are cancelling shows entirely. It just happened to be in California up till now.
Bobbo and Lin

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing is permanent. RVIA can restart.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
So they're talking strictly about California, from what I read.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"