cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jeep Wrangler bumper compatible with Blue Ox baseplate

melandme
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone towing a JKU Wrangler with a Blue Ox base plate with an aftermarket bumper. I am wanting to replace the stock bumper with an after market one, but still tow with the Blue OX base plate. I know that you can tow off the shackle recovery points on some bumpers, but the height the Blue Ox base plate is just right for my MH. If I tow off the bumper, I would have to get a higher hitch for the receiver, take off the Blue Ox and sell it, plus additional cost for a tow rated bumper. I don't really want to do that unless I have to. Wanting to know what other have found that work.
1 REPLY 1

Y-Guy
It should be ok, but it will really depend on the bumper itself. Your new bumper will need to have the same clearance zones (up/down) and side to side and the bumper will need to not be to much taller that it would interfere with the base plate connection points. I've talked with easily a dozen owners with such setups and all worked fine they said. If you are order one of the more name brand bumpers you can probably find somebody with one that can vouch for the setup on many Jeep groups. In some cases you can probably get that question answered by the base plate manufacturer itself.

If you have a specific bumper in mind post it up here might find somebody with that setup already that can help you out.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon