cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C

davonelson
Explorer
Explorer
Are there Class C motorhomes with Duramax Diesel engines?
5 REPLIES 5

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
I've never seen nor heard of one on a van cut-away chassis. Even though the Duramax was available in vans I guess they never used one for a motorhome.

It wasn't a allowed combination with the Motorhome Prep package. They only offered the 6.6L DuraMax on the 14k chassis for the last couple years before switching the 2.8L. Prior to that, it was only available on the 12k chassis.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen nor heard of one on a van cut-away chassis. Even though the Duramax was available in vans I guess they never used one for a motorhome. The Super C MH on the Kodiak/Topkick chassis are the only ones with the Duramax that I'm aware of. Ronfish gave you the years on those.
I'm looking for one of those motorhomes myself because I need the towing capacity for my 6,500 pound boat but I refuse to have a Ford. A lot of the Kodiack MHs have the 8.1L gas engine which would also be fine with me. Either way it will have the Allison automatic.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Tiger Class C's are built to order on a heavy-duty pickup chassis with 8-foot bed. Your choice of gas or diesel. Chevy, Ford, or RAM. Cab can be regular, extended, or crew. 4WD or 2WD. Add or subtract various features as you wish.

https://www.tigervehicles.com/tiger-models/
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

ronfisherman
davonelson wrote:
Are there Class C motorhomes with Duramax Diesel engines?

Several RV manufacture built Super C's on the Chevy Kodiak chassis with Duramax engines from 2004 to 2010.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
You could presumably find or have built a super-C built on a Chevy truck chassis with such an engine.

Currently, the GMC/Chevy cutaway van chassis does not have a diesel engine option, though in years past I think it was available. At any rate, diesel engines for class C motorhomes built on the Chevy and Ford van chassis have never been particularly popular compared to their gasoline counterparts.