Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Installed supersteer springs but...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> Installed supersteer springs but...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/20 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could tie a string around the spring basket and see if it is broken after hearing the noise.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/20 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same issue several years ago took it to a front end shop when out west they told me that the noise I was hearing was from the spring not being seated properly, the reseated the spring charged me $330. About 100 miles later in Wyoming I started hearing that noise again thinking it was the spring until my LH ball joint failed and the whole front end collapsed. I was making a left turn to get on the hiway when it happened. The second time it happened was in Mt. the following year going 60 mph around a curve and the rh ball joint failed with out any noise or warning. The shop back home installed the wrong ball joints twice. What were the ball joint part numbers you installed? I would hate to see this happen to anyone else especially coming down mountainous roads out west it would be fatal.

Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the info. Im going to vent a little more;

Every time this rig sees a shop (and its seen alot of shops) i ask them to grease all the grease fittings and charge me for whatever labor it is (its alot of zerks). I crawled under and every single grease fitting was dry as a bone, even the new components! Unreal. Everybody is incompetent.

I digress, since i greased everything ive heard almost zero noises. Once in a blue moon it will make a feint clunk, but who knows. Im going to another shop tomorrow to get another opinion. It still drives like a forklift

1993 fleetwood coronado 30’ class a chuggin along with a tbi 454
An On demand hot water heater was the best thing i ever did

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Octaneforce wrote:

Thanks for all the info. Im going to vent a little more;

Every time this rig sees a shop (and its seen alot of shops) i ask them to grease all the grease fittings and charge me for whatever labor it is (its alot of zerks). I crawled under and every single grease fitting was dry as a bone, even the new components! Unreal. Everybody is incompetent.

I digress, since i greased everything ive heard almost zero noises. Once in a blue moon it will make a feint clunk, but who knows. Im going to another shop tomorrow to get another opinion. It still drives like a forklift

Like most everything that you don't do yourself. It's either watch every move or pray.
I did have camping world put these coils in our old coach and it did well afterwards. Never did have a problem with the front end, other than the bags going flat. Mine also had a factory Helwig buggy spring installed, which was removed after installing the new coils.

The DP we have now, is a horse of a different color and even though we liked the old coach, I'm never going back.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> Installed supersteer springs but...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.